73 Duster with Cragar V-5 Black Steelies

-
Wow.......Nice thesis !!!!
While not my cup of tea, if the original poster is happy more power to him.
Sheesh.

I know Joe , my point is when they are pulled on to a 7" wide wheel they are not 27 inches tall , they are 26 1/4. also my point is that the dude is going to criticize a wide tire on a wide wheel with a short sidewall but defend a narrow tire on a wide wheel. had this been my thread about using a 205/75 on a 7" wide wheel , he would be telling me it will never work and how dangerous it is. it's all about the ego

I know Joe , my point is when they are pulled on to a 7" wide wheel they are not 27 inches tall , they are 26 1/4. also my point is that the dude is going to criticize a wide tire on a wide wheel with a short sidewall but defend a narrow tire on a wide wheel. had this been my thread about using a 205/75 on a 7" wide wheel , he would be telling me it will never work and how dangerous it is. it's all about the ego

If you started a thread on a 205/75/15 on a 7" wheel the only thing I would tell you is that the tire is too darn tall to make good use of on an A-body, same thing I told you anyway. And they are both narrow tires on wide wheels, 195's and 205's are both skinny little tires, yours just have enough sidewall to make up for being mounted on a 7" rim, the OP's do not have enough sidewall to make up for an 8" rim.

Your combination is not unsafe, because mounting a 205/75/15 on a 15x7" is within most manufacturer's specs. For example...
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 1.44.52 PM.png

I criticized the OP's tire combination because a 195/50/15 mounted on a 15x8 is nowhere near the manufacturer's specs, that's outside the spec by a full 1" and the rim is wider than the section width of the tire...
Screen Shot 2018-08-13 at 1.49.31 PM.png

And yes, that is getting to the point where it could be dangerous.

Why do I bother? Because I hate seeing old iron wrapped around telephone poles because people don't understand why tire manufacturers list recommended specs. It's not about ego, because more often then not when I point out that someone is doing something dumb with their tire and rim combination I get flamed, much like you're doing now, because no doubt someone, somewhere, ran that combination "back in the day" and "didn't die", like the fact that one person got lucky makes it ok. If I was worried about my ego, I wouldn't say crap.

I skipped reading the second page of this post. MY 205 75 15`S ARE JUST A HAIR UNDER 26" TALL, MOUNTED ON A PAIR OF 15 X 5.5" WELD PROSTARS.==as always disregard the caps .
thanks Bob, I really didn't feel like digging mine out just for a picture with a measuring tape lol !

I skipped reading the second page of this post. MY 205 75 15`S ARE JUST A HAIR UNDER 26" TALL, MOUNTED ON A PAIR OF 15 X 5.5" WELD PROSTARS.==as always disregard the caps .

thanks Bob, I really didn't feel like digging mine out just for a picture with a measuring tape lol !

The height spec isn't when the tires are sitting on the ground with weight on them anyway. It's a reference, if you take the measurement with the wheel mounted on the car and sitting on the ground you won't get 27" because the bottom sidewall has a bulge from the weight of the car.

The sidewall height on the top side will be different than the bottom when it's on the car, and the clearance issue you have to worry about is to the fender. So, not the bottom side. A tire with a 6" tall sidewall like the 205/75/15's will be a ton shorter on the car because of all the sidewall flex. But that still doesn't help your fender clearance.

Whatever. You guys wanna ignore the manufacturer's specs because you think it looks cool, go right ahead. No different than all the donk's and "extreme stanced" tuner's out there, it's just as dumb.

-
Back