73 duster

-

seventyswinger

Reaction score
hey guys finally got started working on my 73 H-code duster pulled it out of a field in north florida 3 years ago, its been in storage in south florida for about 2 years or so , now that i got my garage time to get started let me know what you think more pics coming soon.

nov 1 mopar show 104.jpg

Nice color.

H-code. So 340?...automatic or manual? I see the tops of what appears to be Bench with bucket style backs....so I am going to assume its a column-auto.

I dont see any V21 evidence or the dual snorkel scoop or hood.

Looks like a baseline H-code.

What are your plans/goals?

Cant wait to see more pics....love the oldschool Keystones'...does it have the complete set?

What is the Build Date on the door jamb VIN sticker?

yup its a 340 car auto on column your right its a baseline h-code and i only have two out of the four keystones. my plans are to keep it as original looking as possible will be adding the dual snorkel hood scoop add bucket seats with floor shifter keeping it silver with the black 340 stripe on the side in black kinda, will be kinda stock but not really since i dont have the matching #'s motor in it

here's a shot of the interior and the 340 on the stand the last pic is my 70 440 six pac challenger in storage thats next

honeymoon 077.jpg

nov 1 show 010.jpg

nov 1 show 001.jpg

Why a 73 H-code 340 car would be sitting in a grassy field is beyond me?Great score and good luck with the build.8)

Cool project, my first car was a 73 340 Duster, it was a base model tan/tan bench interior with PS/PB, column shift 727, 3.21sg. It was a real sleeper when it was new with no stripes and full wheel covers.

I ended up parting it in '95, it had been sitting on the ground in a swampy area for years before I bought it, I got it together and running but needed a whole rear clip to make it solid and safe- it needed rear rails, 1/4's, trunk pan extensions, trunk floor, floor pans, wheelhouses etc.

well the Front end has been completely rebuilt with new hardware and gettng ready to paint the engine compartment will post updated pics later today

here are some more pics front end has been rebuilt and working on fenders and some body work getting ready to shoot paint on engine bay soon

duster resto 007.jpg

duster resto 003.jpg

duster resto 005.jpg

Looks like a nice starting point. Good work so far. Silver and black looks realy nice and you don't see them a lot that color. Good luck on the build.

Thanks for the kind words by no means am I a body man but I can't afford a pro to do it so gonna try my best
love that silver with the black trim I am going for a lighter shade of silver

Looking good. 68Postcar, Is that A5 silver? We are doing ours A5 but using a white 73 340 stripe. Hope to see some more soon.

no it is actually pepper gray effect. just like elanor(the 2nd gone in 60 sec). but im sure rhe white 73-4-5-6 stripe would look good too. in my case i had full intentions of blacking everything out from the start, so to make it look right, and match the scoop and wing, the 70-1-2 stripe, although incorrect, was my only choice. i like where this project is going. it should be very nice when finished. welcome to fabo and build on, it is so worth it.

Finally got some update was able to paint the engine compartment will post pictures later today when I get home not the best job in the world but hey budget is tight with today's economy.

well it's amazing how quickly things can get into a snowball effect the car went from a simple repaint to a full on restoration new sheet metal has been purchased luckily all i needed was tail light panel rear lower quarters and front floor sections lukily everything else is solid. along with other parts purchased should be going into body shop by the end of december. the car will now be painted b5 blue with flat black side stripes with an aar fiberglass six pack lift off hood flat black with a black interior 340 with auto on the floor progress pic to follow as the body work begins soon for now here are several before pics.

Attachments

• duster resto and misc 023.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 453
  • duster resto and misc 022.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 463
car has been sand blasted more pics to come

Attachments

• duster resto 031.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 377
  • duster resto 032.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 440
  • duster resto 060.jpg