73 Duster

-

horsehead

Reaction score
I traded my Dodge Colt for this car. A guy in Michigan races Colts and wanted my car for a pro street ride. He had a 73 duster he was willing to trade.I looked at the pix of the duster and was floored. He told me it was a muscle motors car.I emailed MM and Mike Ware told me he built this car in 1988. He ran a standard stroke 400 block with a 383 crank and ported iron heads.The car ran 9.83s 134 mph. The friend in Michigan delivered the car this past Saturday. Real nice guy. The car now has a 440 with ported stage IV heads,big roller,aluminum rods,ross pistons,team G intake and a dominator carb.Has a 727,manual valve body,converter unknown,trans. blanket. Rack steering, back braced 8 3/4 rear with spool and 5.13 gear.4 link suspension with coilovers. Included was a set of wheelie bars and a parachute.The car now has a pro stock style hood.This car is built well. I was told it runs 10.20s. I am charging the batteries to fire her up. I will add more:love7: pictures later.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 183
  • car 017[3].jpg
    97 KB · Views: 172
  • car 021[3].jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 165
  • car 026[3].jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 172
  • car 033[3].jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 162
congrats, do you have any pics of the colt you traded in?? If your happy with the trade I guess thats all that matters, are you going to give the duster some R&R?? looks like it could use some...

congrats, do you have any pics of the colt you traded in?? If your happy with the trade I guess thats all that matters, are you going to give the duster some R&R?? looks like it could use some...
Colts on another thread. Looks are deceiving,I just fired her up and shes a rip snorting dragon. Like I said,this car was built right. Glass tilt front end,doors,trunk lid and back bumper. If I keep the car I will build a 400 based stroker and use the ported stage IVs that are on the car now. Car also has a 14 point cage. Im hoping to run 8.80s.

Dont get me wrong.... I am sure it is built right the pics just looked like the previous owner didnt take very good care of her. I like it, I am sure it will/is very fast, I would like to see it after you have it for awhile, I am sure you will spruce it up that was what I meant with the R and R comment.

No offense taken stroker.Pix dont do the car justice. Cert is good for another year.I will add more pictures.I need new batteries for the camera.

The car will be needing a lil updating and clean up. Right now I am looking for a passenger side 2 inch tube fenderwell header.I fired the ol girl up twice yesterday and she sounded real strong. Revs super fast. I will update the car over the winter and take it to Bristol next year. I got a real steal on this car.

-
Back