73 k member w/tti headers fitment issues

-

osborn867

Reaction score
Hello I recently installed a fresh 340 in my 72 swinger with 73 k member, tti step headers, and spool type motor mounts, i found before the drivers side mount was bottomed out that the header was sitting on the steering box (factory power steering). I have two questions

Firstly when I replaced the bushings In my motor mounts the metal sleeve came out with the bushing, the new poly mounts are currently installed without this "sleeve" and are sitting directly on the motor mount brackets. Is this correct?

Second I found that if I raise the engine approx .75 of and inch I have some clearance, any body else have this issue? And if so how did you modify the mounts? I was thinking about snugging up the mounts once in place and then welding the washers in place. Any better ideas out there? Thanks.

I'm having header fitment issues as well...it's so bad, I can't actually get the driver side header back out to beat the hell out of it. Guess that's what I get for going with the cheapo Summit headers.

Anway, I did replace my driver side motor mount with a poly one (going to do the passenger side soon), but the instructions specifically said to reuse that metal sleeve. All I did was burn out the old mount using a propane torch, cleaned it up a bit, sprayed some lithium grease in the sleeve, and slid the new poly one in the sleeve.

-
Back