'73 only window install

-

blue missile

Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who helped sort this out, between a couple of pics and texts it is clear now.
I will say this ONLY applies to 1973 5 hole windows. It seems that was a bastard year, and no other glass is the same.
First pic is of the two vertical rollers and the attachment points for the window track.
The next two are of the track in place with the piece it contacts at full height called the window stop. This bolts to the top of the door shell.
Once this was figured out I had to stop the install because I needed to finalize the handle locations with epoxy primer, filler and a final coat of paint, so I could install the handles for the last time. Once the glass is in I wont be able to get to the attachment nuts for the relocated handles. Most of that got done last night. More pics later.
Andrew

Attachments

• WP_000019.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 121
  • WP_000018.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 123
  • WP_000017.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 127
I never new that , so what you are saying is door glass from a 73, lets say duster will not work in a 74 75 76.I never changed them before so do not know . Anybody else here aware of this.

Yes 73 A-Body door glass is all by itself providing you have the original doors on your 73

I never new that , so what you are saying is door glass from a 73, lets say duster will not work in a 74 75 76.I never changed them before so do not know . Anybody else here aware of this.
It actually carried over to the first two months of the '74 model year also.

Yes 73 A-Body door glass is all by itself providing you have the original doors on your 73

Yes I am all to aware of 73 being a one year only. I brook the drivers door glass and it took me 10 years to find another tinted window.

-
Back