'73 power brake conversion, what to use...

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I picked up a '73 Duster parts car with V8 K-member and power disc brakes.

All this will go on my '71 Duster /6 car.

How much of the disc brake hardlines and proportioning valve items will I need to use on the '71, which is a manual drum brake car?

Thanks!

Obviously I'll figure this one out myself since 42 ppl have no clue.

lmao,,,,,Illtry to help,,,I did the same thing except my 73 donor car had manual brakes. The entire k frame was changed out as was the proportioning valve. Not sure but I think the upper control arms where also changed. The master brake cylinder and booster will need to be put into the 71 as well. Maybe if Im off a bit someone else will chime in. Remember that unless you did somethng out back the front end will have a larger bolt pattern then the rear

The master needs to be a disk one, the k frame from the '73 is the more desirable spool mount style, all the steering is different between the two, so that will have to be carried over, the t bars should be changed with some .85 or bigger bars, the prop valve will need to be changed the upper control arms are different and I believe to lower ones are different as well. Almost every thing from the '73 should be used. take a look at this thread I just did the same thing.
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=34453

-
Back