73 road runner...value?

-

68gts340

Reaction score
OK guys as some of you know I have been searching for a B body, I have located a 73 383 4spd road runner, it is need of a total resto.....guy is asking 6 k ..seems like a bit much to me, what do you guys think. I would rather have a 68 to 72 but man the prices on them is crazy. thanks for your opinions .....Ron

A friend of mine that i have known for 18yrs. has a nice 72 or 73 Road Runner 440ci. not # matching motor but has the original motor in a old shed out back of the barn, 4sp. with the pistol grip shifter it's been a while sence i have seen it but that shifter is almost as high as the dash, air grabber hood i guess that makes it even rare he has it sitting on blocks outside under a "leanto" i don't think that's how you spell it but you know what i mean factory wheels,before i bought my Duster that was the car i wanted but he's not interested in selling it, it's almost a waste just letting it sit there he says he'll do something with it one day. I have a few friends that own and restore old Mopars i see a lot more 68 and 69 Road Runners than the early 70's even at some car shows. Sorry i can't tell you if 6 grand is a good deal or not but here in Mid MI. you don't see alot of that body style. :burnout:

In compton K.Y this guy has two for sale very restorable.
was a 318 car now 440. $3000 for this one it is a clone :salute:

_45775_79553.jpg

No such animal as a 73 383 Road Runner. Might want to check the VIN to see what it really is.

I wouldn't pay that kind of cash for an non original, especially one thats gonna cost you a MINT to fix up or restore. Make sure that the one you decide to buy has SOUND quarters, fenders, valences and grill (the grills are VERY flimsy plastic and are usually busted up, and they are NOT available ANYWHERE, you might get lucky and find someone who is parting out car with a good grill, but I doubt it) I used to have a 74 Road Runner clone, and bought a 73 Satelite from a salvage yard for parts. If you find one, and are interested in a Ralleye dash gauage cluster with 150 mph speedometer and/or dash with A/C, or maybe a console and the trans tunnel and all the pieces for slap stick auto, or a bumper in excellent condition, drop me a pm. I have these parts and maybe a few others left, gave my 74 away about 6 months ago so I have been getting rid of all my B body spare parts. There are no available aftermarket quarters, fenders, valences or grills for these cars so be VERY VERY picky about the one you buy. Here is an old snap shot of what mine used to look like.

936157-My%20runner.jpg

He wants $6000 because he`s been watching Barret Jackson too much, if it needs total resto plan on another 12,000 to 15,000 tell him 2,000 tops

-
Back