'73 Sport Amateur Touring!

-

Graminizer

The "Big G"
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I seen someone else on this forum use the "Amateur" instead of "Pro" so I thought I'd steal it.:D I have been a member here for awhile, and I'm finally getting started on my project. It's a 1973 Dart Sport that I picked up 3 years ago. I plan on doing it like a pro touring/cruiser. No need for drag racing for me. It was disassembled when I got it, but I have a '76 parts car that I have as a template. Here are some pics of when I brought it home.

73 dart sport tow 004.jpg
73 dart sport tow 006.jpg
Dart Project 005.JPG

I'm the big guy in the pic!

Last edited:
My son and I prepped and painted the engine compartment. I love this color! Not too concerned about the drips on the frame....I will be repainting it black.....same with the K frame......it's gone altogether!

DSC07110.JPG
DSC07111.JPG
DSC07114.JPG

Last edited:
Trunk view before I start into my mini tub!
002 (2).JPG

Spent the morning pulling the old 8.25" out! Now time for lunch!

018.JPG
022 (2).JPG

Last edited:
Would you sell them rear shocks? And you wouldnt happen to have an extra floorshift column layin around would ya?
I used DR.Diff axles for my Dart and they are great. Would definately buy another pair from them.

Should be interesting. Do you have wheel & tire sizes selected?

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=196797&page=3

Check out post #64.

The 1st & 2nd are a 275/45/20, and a 325/50/15 tucked up high. The fenderwell is removed to the quarter.

Next is the nice low tuck that I would like. Then the reality check - showing what is possible without notching the frame. The last one shows measuring to place the wheel center 5" below the frame, which I calculated to be the minimum needed.

Coilovers may get you a little lower as I was leaving 3" for suspension travel.

Attachments

• 275 45 20 test.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • resting on seam.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,353
  • 325 50 15 inside.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1,351
  • 275 45 20 inside.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 1,423
  • frame check with 20.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,355
I finally picked up a welder the other day. I just need to finish wiring the shop for the 220V and I'll be set!

004 (2).JPG
002 (3).JPG

Last edited:
I picked something special up tonight.......an original, not a repro!

008.JPG

Need to drill for the mounting holes and figure out the size of hole needed in the hood.

Last edited:
On my hood I am just triming the center triangle out. Maybe down the road trim it so I can stick my 14x4 inch air cleaner through it

Nice project, off to a good start. Keep the pics coming :toothy8:

Looking Good!

The Dodge Dart Sport Was My 1st Mopar And I Miss Mine...

Managed to spend some time in the shop today......continued with the mini tub on the passenger side. Almost ready to tack the wheel well back in place. I just need to make a few more tweeks and she'll be ready.

001.JPG
006.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back