73+ sway bar question

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I have a 73+ K member that came out of a non sway bar car. In the future I may want to add a sway bar does this k member have the holes or brackets necessarily to do that install? Anybody have some 73+ sway bar installed pictures? I'm ready to do some welding and strengthening on this K member and don't want to screw myself for adding a sway bar later.

I already have some 73+ lower control arms that have the sway bar tabs that I will be installing.

Although the bracket mounting holes are there, you may not have the brackets on the lower control arms.

I put a Helwig tubular front sway bar on my 73 Swinger. Was pretty straight forward. I had to mount one bracket on my lower control arm (left arm had the factory bracket already). Makes a huge difference in handling, car hardly leans anymore, even with the stock .890 torsion bars.

I chose Helwig over Adco because of the reviews I read here, Helwig fits perfectly and I'm glad I did.

Pictures are left and right mounting details. I hope they'll give you an idea, not the best picture angle but it is late and I am to lazy to jack up the car.

Attachments

• Left Side-Optimized.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 132
  • Right Side-Optimized.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 141
You probably don't have the LCA tabs or the bars that the sway bar attaches to, but those bars are out htere or could be fabricated easily. Same with the tabs.

Thanks for the pictures. I have the tabs on LCA just would need brackets for sway bar when the time comes. Pretty cool how it goes through the K member. I have resisted the 73+ front end parts for a long time but as the earlier parts get older, more expensive, and harder to find and replace. I'm starting to realize the many benefits.

My main concern was making a modification on the K member like how I added hooks that would mess with me adding a sway bar later.

Attachments

• 74 valiant 007.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 120
-
Back