73 to 76 A-body disk brakes wanted

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are converting drums to disc. The main thing you are going to need is the spindles and caliper brackets. Well as long as you have the big ball joint upper control arms, if not, you will need those too. Everything else you need you can get from a typical parts store. I got mine from Parts Unlimited LLC, for reasonable price. The price for the full conversion kits is outrageous(cheapest around $600) and doesn't come with anything special. I'm doing mine as we speak...

I know that the spindles and caliper brackets are most important; gotta throw a line out, hope some body has some.

thanks.

I know that the spindles and caliper brackets are most important; gotta throw a line out, hope some body has some.

thanks.

Google Parts Unlimited LLC, he has an ebay store and there is a number on his site. It's easier just to call and ask him, cause he doesn't list everything on there. But the post above that danielprestonr seems to have everything you need. Plus it comes with the upper control arms and the prop. valve. $300 is a reasonable price.

Figure out which mod you are going to do. We just put the 12" rotor brakes from the 75-79 M or R body onto our 72 valiant road race car (24 hours of Lemons).

So know which cars are your donors for parts (cordoba and Monaco or Polara or ??).
go to www.car-parts.com and search for the spindles or the front brakes for all of your donor cars. call up the Dismantlers that are listed as having those parts and ask them for the whole assembly (spindle, rotor, caliper). This is easy for them to disconnect from the car (3 ball joints and the brake line). Shipping is ~$80-100, as this stuff is heavy.

Got both a FMJ and 73-76 set of spindles with caliper adapters still attached if you're still looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back