73 Valiant air doors?!

-

74swingrrr

Reaction score
My 1973 Valiant had doors under the dash on either side that opened as huge air vents. This was supposed to be the alternative to A/C. I actually liked it better than A/C and was wondering if they ever put that on a two door Scamp/Swinger? Also, I have a 74 Swinger and would trade the factory A/C for this duct work I am looking for. Thanks!

All a-bodies from 1967-1976 had the huge underdash fresh air doors. Normally they're full of seeds/leaves/etc that blow out onto your lap on the freeway. ;)

All a-bodies from 1967-1976 had the huge underdash fresh air doors. Normally they're full of seeds/leaves/etc that blow out onto your lap on the freeway. ;)

I've had them blow sand in my eyes
Polls..
Who has not had that happen ?
Who thinks aftermarket should offer a screened adjustable register ,
as alternative to the door and its rusty hindge ?

But, they did work good for beer coolers during the winter...
during my younger and stupider days of course!
C

I love those fresh-air doors as well. Makes my Duster a dream to drive in warm weather, but of course is pretty crappy in cold weather what with all its leaks.

I prefer my A/C.

95 deg and 95% humidity sucks with no A/C.
Sorta like sitting in front of a hot oven with a fan inside blowing hot air on you.

Driving in rain with the windows fogged up is no picnic either. Esp when the sunroof seal failed yesterday.

I've had them blow sand in my eyes
Polls..
Who has not had that happen ?
Who thinks aftermarket should offer a screened adjustable register ,
as alternative to the door and its rusty hindge ?

Hey man I say you make up some screens. I'd buy them.

-
Back