73duster steering shaft

-

73stroked duster

Reaction score
Trying to figure out why I have the lower grey coupling that is connecting the box to the other coupling. Don’t think this is stock.

99F4F722-7F17-494B-A058-987195DD0FE1.jpeg

That's a aftermarket adapter used to attach the shorter power steering shaft to a manual steering gear box. So we'll assume this was a power steering build at assembly line. Manual steering gear went in to accommodate the headers.

That's a aftermarket adapter used to attach the shorter power steering shaft to a manual steering gear box. So we'll assume this was a power steering build at assembly line. Manual steering gear went in to accommodate the headers.
Thanks. Should there be a roll pin in it? Currently there is not.

Thanks. Should there be a roll pin in it? Currently there is not.
Well yeah, But.... Knowing the aftermarket, it may not be made well enough to get pin(s) in. Geometry between master splines, pin relief, and drilled hole has to be perfect. Other members have that same coupling. They might respond to whether they got pins in theirs or not.
Chassis flex and subsequent movement should be inside/absorbed by the box coupling. Pin(s) prevent any linear movement at the splines.

Well yeah, But.... Knowing the aftermarket, it may not be made well enough to get pin(s) in. Geometry between master splines, pin relief, and drilled hole has to be perfect. Other members have that same coupling. They might respond to whether they got pins in theirs or not.
Chassis flex and subsequent movement should be inside/absorbed by the box coupling. Pin(s) prevent any linear movement at the splines.
I’m thinking of just replacing shaft with something from flaming river. Does anyone know correct shaft for my application

-
Back