74 360 torque converter help

-

Pebble beach

Reaction score
Hey guys I recently purchased a 1974 360 to install in my dart but it didn’t come with the torque converter and I did hear that I need to make sure I find the right one. Does anyone know which one I need I have a 727 trans that is already in the car
Thank you

Hey guys I recently purchased a 1974 360 to install in my dart but it didn’t come with the torque converter and I did hear that I need to make sure I find the right one. Does anyone know which one I need I have a 727 trans that is already in the car
Thank you
You can buy a external balanced flex plate and use a 727 converter without the weights attached or you can use a regular flex plate and use a 727 that’s weighted correctly.

Jake
Thank you

You could just get a stock rebuilt converter for your 360 from your local transmission parts supplier. The stock converter is stall rated around 2000-2200 rpm.

B&M Flexplates 10236 and neutral converter....if you order from local...make sure you tell them that you dont need weights...
OR
Stock flexplate and weights on the converter would probably be the cheapest route...make sure the flexplate and converter have the same bolt pattern or circle....

-
Back