74 Dart 360 Sport

-
I don't think you would see much benefit from using the radiator for an oil cooler, if you are going to go to the effort of plumbing in an engine oil cooler I would just use an aftermarket one.

I don't think you would see much benefit from using the radiator for an oil cooler, if you are going to go to the effort of plumbing in an engine oil cooler I would just use an aftermarket one.
You want the engine oil temperature to come up quickly, the advantage to using a cooler in the radiator is that your engine thermostat will help that along. I am plumbing an external air cooled oil cooler on my car but it has a 205F thermostat that bypasses 90% of the flow when the temperature is below 205F and has its own electric fan that has a 205F switch as well. The 10% that runs through the cooler at low temperatures to to help keep the temperature of the oil in that loop about the same as the main loop so when the switch occurs it doesn't pass a slug of cold oil into the engine.

Just FYI - your modern Porsche oil coolers use radiator coolant to also help bring the oil temperature up to operating temperature quickly.

Here is a picture of the Dodge shifter. Pretty standard on the console cars versus the turn dial. This flips over to side and then you shift like a manual it's 8 gears and ZF shift is 150ms. I doubt other than maybe a road course or parking lot fun/drag race that you would use this. I have had 5 cars with this style it's familiar to me. Pretty sure they have an aftermarket knob top for it or will eventually.

Here is the upper hoop removed and I had zero movement cross brace lines right up no fear the hoop replacement is going back in will not stay this way. Then comes the tunnel mods. FYI this was not even touching if you look closely other pictures since I stripped floor and sprayed it freaking moved. I am glad I am doing this my car was twisting no doubt in my mind. Noticed other things and was told that's the cause higher HP I also snapped to rear shocks at around 5 rpm 1st to second. I shared those older post thought oh bad shock nah other bad things. That will also be addressed before it breaks a drivers leaf spring again as this car has before I received the car that way.....

View attachment 1716233455

View attachment 1716233456
Sorry but did I see in your spreadsheet that you paid $600 for a shifter?

Sorry but did I see in your spreadsheet that you paid $600 for a shifter?
Its the factory 8hp shifter both top and bottom. Used are mostly from wrecked cars and stuck in rain electronics has to be an 8Hp unit. It's the Challenger or TRX style can flip to manual shift. I could have saved cash but I hate the dial shifter.

Last edited:
Finished up cleaning up welds test fitted many times rear mount. I ran tranny lines and fuel with pfte. These fittings are ok but seems legit garage has a better one that sticks out little farther. I chose not to go under engine and went left side and up for my lines. I will put a heat wrap for the two feet near the headers for gas and trans lines.

I have a new filter and pan coming will do that as well. Then I can fill this up and get ready for tunnel and start up. I know it is slow going but I'm trying to take my time here and it's coming together nicely. I need to get some brackets for a few spots and rubber edging for couple sheet metal spots. I need to draw out a lower support will go under transmission and bolt to lower side of cross member I want it there for bracing and strength.

IMG20240430193223.jpg

IMG20240430150106.jpg

IMG20240430150053.jpg

IMG20240430150044.jpg

IMG20240430145957.jpg

IMG20240430145828.jpg

IMG20240430145721.jpg

IMG20240430145757.jpg

Its the factory 8hp shifter both top and bottom. Used are mostly from wrecked cars and stuck in rain electronics has to be an 8Hp unit. It's the Challenger or TRX style can flip to manual shift. I could have saved cash but I hate the dial shifter.
I just grabbed one from ebay.. Was clean looking and had a guarantee for cheap. I understand where you're coming from tho.

Side note: Any 2015 Chrysler Corp, 8 speed car shifter will work, V6/V8, and they all will flip into manual as well. I think the only thing that really changes in the part # is the handle style. Mines (in Hoopty) actually out of a v6 car. BTW, I can't remeber the name of the company but I picked up a pretty cool shift handle adapter that replaces the stock one. It converts the shifter to a push down instead of a button. I was able to put my stock A100 knob on it and a custom boot to get the look I was after. The factory handle has to stay plugged in and tucked away so you don't get any codes. The adapter was like 50 bucks. I probabby have it in an email if you're interested.

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I made a reference chart for when I was adding the additional wiring to the PCS connector. If this is something that will help and you need to modify for your application, I'd be happy to share the excel document. Just made it easier for me to have a reference card.. I like visuals :)

PCS Share.png

Screenshot_20240501-071110_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240501-071200_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240501-071223_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back