74 Dart Brake Booster Rod-advice needed please

-

OwdKasd

Reaction score
Which way does the Rod face(up or down)? I'm talking about the rod that pushes into the Booster from the brake pedal linkage. If you look at this picture you can see it is shaped like the letter b. The one in my dart is like in the picture(facing down) but when I took the booster out of my Parts car, it was facing up(opposite direction). When I search for pictures, I can find it both ways. I imagine The angle is affected if it's not oriented correctly which I'm worried can damage the seals in the booster.
769943957_640.jpg

I just put a new booster in my 74 dart sport. I put mine facing down. I might have been able to make it work both ways, but it seemed to only really fit well facing down.

I just put a new booster in my 74 dart sport. I put mine facing down. I might have been able to make it work both ways, but it seemed to only really fit well facing down.

Thanks,
I've been having some weird brake problems and am trying to rule out something stupid. I believe it was installed wrong on the 74 Valiant I took it from. I have mine facing down also(like in the pic) .

-
Back