74 Dart Sport...$ 18,500.00

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
Was just watching a rerun of the Mecum Kansas City 2015 Auction. A B5 360/Auto.. Dart Sport sold for $ 18,500.00. I guess I haven't been paying attention as I was kinda shocked it went that high. Granted it was a beautiful car...just didn't think they would bring that.

Real E58 car?

Sunroof?

Survivor?

Honestly..don't know much about that year or codes.Was painted B5 Blue..Air Cleaner said 360 horse 360 and had Mopar Performance finned valve covers,black bench seat,column shift.Pretty car but no idea about correctness.Looks like someone spent a lot of money on it.No sunroof,just a black stripe above door handles that ran from front and over rear of roof.

Saw that it was nice but not worth $18.5..damn if beaknoses are bringing that kind of money '70-'71 dusters must be worth all of $30k..

It was a nice lookin' car for sure. It wasn't very "correct" for '74 though. It had a Demon tail panel, no bumper guards on the front or back, had a go wing, had an 8 3/4 rear too. Black stripe on the hood and it had the side stripe that went over the roof. One of the things I like about the later cars is that people don't throw a fit when they're modified. Who cares if you cut out the tail panel and swap some stuff around on a '74 Sport? Nobody! They're a blank canvas for people to get creative with and it's nice to see one nicely done up and selling for more than $3,000. The later cars can be pretty spiffy with a little work. Just cause they're beaks doesn't mean they're bad!

The later cars can be pretty spiffy with a little work. Just cause they're beaks doesn't mean they're bad!

Exactly....Man if that's prices we'll start seeing for beak cars, I may have to go grab another.......

Just cause they're beaks doesn't mean they're bad!

No it does't,but they'll never be as good looking as the '70-'71's thats for sure.

They had it listed as 1974 Dodge Dart
New paint & stripes
New legendary interior
New Engine
new trans
8 3/4 rear
New tires
A/C
Not a sunroof car or convertible package
Nice car for a driver-could not build one for that money

-
Back