74 Dart Swinger

-

California Dart

Dont List Websites Here
Reaction score
Been 30 years since I worked on my cars but givin it a try. Bought this 74 (my grad yr) to make a daily driver and my Vegas transportation. Paid $1250.00 for it and since put a new 318, new dual exaust, rebuilt the front end, installed Bilsteins and working now completing the complete suspension with new torsions, leaf springs and sway bars. Since I broke my back years ago most has to be done by a mechanic which is costly. What you see now is a $5000.00 (soon to be $6500.00) junker but I can assure you that when I'm done this will be one of the nicest 74's the streets have seen. Will be keeping this the original color with a Beige vynal top, Beige racing stripes on hood and rear quarter, Beige ralleys with rings and beige interior (all matching). Since I really don't like the rear tail lights I'll be having them black chromed with matching black chrome finish plate so there's a solid black line in the rear. The bumper guards are history. Can't wait till this is done.

PS- I want to thank all the guys that have answered my questions about this car. You're knowledge is very helpfull.

PSS- I am an expert in Alarm and Surveillance systems with 35 years experience. If you have any questions about how to protect yourselves in any way just PM me. If you have an existing alarm and it's monitored I can lower your rates by 60% in most cases.

Attachments

• Dart.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 189
Welcome to FABO California Dart!

Good looking Dart you have there.

You will enjoy this site. Good people and information

We like pictures - When you get the time post some more pictures

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda - More pictures of all my cars in mygalleries for your viewing pleasure

Attachments

• DSC06598.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 141
Welcome. I know what you mean by spending a lot of money to fix your dart.

I ahe a 73 Swinger and have about 17K in it now. Well I will enjoy it once I get it back from the bodyshop. Maybe some years down the road I will be able to get most of my money back if I decide to sell it. They harder to find all the time.

You can look at mine in my gallery.

OK, so it's now December 12th and the car looks exactly as seen in the picture, just add 6k to it, but runs and drives like a dream. Unreal how much money can be spent on these cars.
So far(and thanks to some of the advise from you guys), brand new motor, rebuilt front end, bilsteins, hotchkis rear leafs, new 1" torsion bars, front and rear sway bars and it still looks like an old beater.

-
Back