74 Duster 360(Police) 4 Speed

-

doubledemons

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can find out how many Factory 74 Duster 360 police special pistol grip 4 speeds were made?
There's a one owner car sitting dormant for years in a carport that i wanna rescue.

they never came with pistol grip shifters. musta been added. the police engine is the same as the high performance 360 E-58 should be on the fender tag. A 74 4 speed 360 is a pretty rare car. Don't know numbers, though. Try Galen Govier.

Thanks for the info.
I will get the fender tag info from the car.
The original owner told me it was stock.
When were pistol grips discontinued?
Weren't they on E bodies and B bodies up until 74?

did the pistol grip ever come on a-bodies? i thought it was reserved for only the quote on quote muscle cars. at least from the factory

A bodies never came with pistol grips. If you want to use one you have two choices, the E body one that's really too short or the 71-up b body without console shifter which works much nicer.

Anyone know where i can find out how many Factory 74 Duster 360 police special pistol grip 4 speeds were made?
There's a one owner car sitting dormant for years in a carport that i wanna rescue.

586 4 speed 360's made in 1974 for dusters, but no pistol grip...........

Thanks for the info.
I will try and get a picture of the car along with the vin tag.
It also has a factory sunroof.
One of those cars that is sitting dormant with an inch of "dust" on a Duster.

wow, sunroof to. i think 360 sunroof dusters in 74 there were 20? some and 4 speeds i dont remember. my dad had a 73 340 4 speed sunroof duster.bought it new back in late 73. wish he still had it. got any pics of this car?

I used to know where there was a blue one sitting. E58, 4 speed, sunroof. Think it had rubber floors too.

Thanks for the info.
I will get the fender tag info from the car.
The original owner told me it was stock.
When were pistol grips discontinued?
Weren't they on E bodies and B bodies up until 74?

yes they were on E and B bodies till 74 but were not available in the A body , a dealer may have installed it but it didn't roll off the assembly line with it .

Thanks for all your replys to my inquiry!
Being a new member of this forum i wasn't aware of the knowledge available.
As soon as i can i will post pics. of the 74 Duster.
As i mentioned, this car is still owned by the original owner, and has been sitting in a carport for many years.
It would require a lot of effort to bring it back to life,but would be well worth it!
All the best wishes for the coming year.

I,d like to be the first to welcome you to this great site for A-bodys!As you have already noticed there,s great guy,s and gals willing to help you out with info. and tech.As soon as you can,post some pics. of this car that you MUST buy.It sounds like quite the car!!Enjoy!!

Will post my Demon asap.
I just sold a rare Butterscotch 318 project 71 Demon.
Still have 72 318 auto.project Swinger for sale.

about 74- 360 -4 speed dusters-does anybody have any idea how many came with the fold down rear seat? thanks in advance

-
Back