74 Duster 360 Purestocker goes [email protected]

-
Update:
Last weekend at the Stanton,MI pure stock drags my 360 duster went a best of [email protected] with 60 foot times in the 1.95-1.99 range.I'm tickled to death with the performance of this package!

Attachments

• 2012 purestock drags shootout.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 202
That is great improvement over your first runs. What adjustments did you make since the last published times? Was it your TQ adjustments?

That look like what you would thin of when you hear . It was owned buy a little old lady from Pasadena......Nice car keep just like it is.....

Thanks for the interest! I put a fresh shortblock in it this spring: .030 over 360 with Sealed Power H405cp pistons .045 in the hole.Compression calculated to 8.8:1. I did have it balanced and stress honed.The old shortblock was just tired.No changes were made to the TQ.I tried a larger jet in the secondaries on Friday and the car slowed down 2 MPH.

Update. Changed rear gear to 3.92 from 3.55 and ran [email protected] this past weekend at the PSMCDR 2013 event.Previous best was 13.78 with the 3.55's so not enough gain to justify the gear change.3.55's will be going back in.

The 360 Dart Sport & Duster were bad to the bone.
They were right there in 340 territory, and Kicked the 1972 & '73 340's ***.
I wished they had went to the 360 for 1972 & '73, instead of detuning the 340.
Put a flat top/zero deck piston in that 360 & watch it fly.

That's a great looking car and you're working it over really well. Those 360's are dogs according to most around here! LOL

Nice job and keep at it.

You are right AdamR I can legally run 9.9:1 compression.I am at 8.8:1 now and advertised was 8.4:1. I may build another engine some day with max compression and better prepped heads.

What converter are you running ? You can run 1" smaller then stock also correct ?

I think the rule is 2200 maximum stall.The one in my car I got in a garage buy out parts deal.It was in a rotting box with a brand name I had never heard of.Box looked like it was from the late 70's early 80's. I don't know what the stall is but I can only foot brake it to about 2k rpm before it starts pushing the front tires.

Way to go Seth! Was nice chatting with you at the PSMCDR!! You will learn that this is a process of evolution. We can chat and I can give you some PSMCDR hints within the spirit of the rules!! We can get that 360 into the 13's!! BTW: I lost my shoot-out to a 1969 Camaro SS 396/375..... grrrrrr..........

Uh Frank... I'm already in the 13's:cheers:.Nice talking to you too!

I beat Rhonda Clary's Cutlass with holeshots on the first two runs.She beat me on the third run.

-
Back