74 duster Hood

-

jeffduster

Duster
Reaction score
Where is the best place to get a fiberglass bolt on hood for a duster and how do they work are they just bolt on or do u have to use hood pins for them

Seems like I read somewhere that the hinges also get changed out, to prevent cracking the hood as it tries to overcome the stiff springs.

Jerry

[QUOTE='74 Sport]Seems like I read somewhere that the hinges also get changed out, to prevent cracking the hood as it tries to overcome the stiff springs.

Jerry[/QUOTE]

I agree Jerry, :thumblef: and that's the best way to go. I have seen 4 corner pins that looked cool, but the hoods can be a pain to take off without a helping hand. I think the biggest problems with changing MOP springs are just that "some" guys not wanting to remove the finders to get at them, not like others where your springs are right there mounted. (Once more, each to their own).

Yea, I'm using a hinged AAR 6 pack hood and it fits good. It's was hard getting the order placed and having to wait for 2 months but it's a quality product. They also make the 4 pin lift off and if you go with the hinged you'll need to remove the OEM springs and build a fancy prop rod. :downtown:

Copy of P7280002.JPG

From what I know the spring have to be be replaced less heavy duty ones because they're too strong and hood pins are needed to keep the hood in it's proper position becase the springs will tend to pull it up because it is lighter then the steel one. check out www.yearone.com they may have fibreglss hoods.

-
Back