74 Duster trans swap

-

CaptMarvel

Reaction score
Hi, Im new here, I was referred from the Charger board. Ive got a 74 Duster with the stock slant 6 & 3 on the tree. In another 74 Valiant I have a 318 with a collumn automatic. I want to put the 318 into the Duster and then sell the valiant, but while we are doing this, Id really like to find a A-833 4 spd and do it up right. Who has done exactly this and what are the pitfalls/small problems I will meet. Specifically, I would like to know any sizing or fitting problems and unexpected parts etc. Can the exisitng floor hole & clutch linkage etc. work with the 833? Any new aftermarket stuff I can buy to go with the old tranny? I know the 833s were used in the a bodies and all, but I need some real good Mopar tech-head to chime in. Also, where would be a good place to start looking for a used 833? Ive looked online, but they seem to be incomplete so far. Id need the whole package, bell housing, tranny floor hump and all in addition to any linkage etc...

Any help greatly appreciated. This project is really screaming to be done so my 18 yr old daughter can experiance the happiness of doing a few innocent burn outs on our country cul-de-sac road (shhh)....Thanks..

-
Back