74 Duster trunk extensions and end caps? HELP!

-

HTRTrash

Reaction score
This is my first venture into replacing the trunk pan, trunk extensions and end caps in my Duster. Does anyone have a few pictures of installation of new parts?

It looks like my extensions are going to have to be modified to fit. When placed in the car, the very back, lower end sticks out past the body. Do I modify it to fit or do I have the wrong extension?

Attachments

• 100_1805.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 324
So far, I am just trying to lay it all out and check fitment, then I will repair the quarters prior to installing the trunk pan. Here is additional pictures of the extension sitting in the car.

Attachments

• 100_1802.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 435
  • 100_1803.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 294
The 74 was the first year with the new rear bumper with the rubber filler pieces, looks like the extension was modeled for a 70-73. I've never seen a listing for 74-76 trunk extensions... My opinion... "cut and grind as necessary" ...
The quarters for my 73 match that extension. Seems crappy to have to cut up new panels, but that's what I had to do at the rear when I installed the new quarters...

Many parts like these are not intended as OEM style replacements - but patch panels that, as the name implies, will require trimming and such.

-
Back