74 Duster ultra high output resto.

-

BigStrok3

Mopar!
Reaction score
Well I figured it was about time to start on of these for myself. My duster is a 74 318 car with 60,000 original miles. Ive allready had body work done and gotten it repainted and added a snokel scoop. My other plans are for some magnum 500's wich I allready have just need to get some tires, get a go-wing or some other kind of spoiler, 8 3/4 with 3.23 or 3.55 sure grip wich i allready have just needs to be put together and installed, also Drop the 340/904 out of my spirit into it after I put my 408 in my spirit. Well here are some pictures all posted in order.

Here is what it looked like when I first aquired it.

New74Plymouthduster002.jpg

New74Plymouthduster003.jpg

New74Plymouthduster004.jpg

New74Plymouthduster005.jpg

New74Plymouthduster001.jpg

New74Plymouthduster006.jpg

New74Plymouthduster007.jpg

After Adding some old slots.
Amcpartscar005.jpg

After paint and scoop and moving bumpers in.
Newbikesandduster001.jpg

Newbikesandduster002.jpg

Newbikesandduster003.jpg

Newbikesandduster004.jpg

There will be more to come. Thanks

Looks to be in extremely good condition. Should be a fun ride.

hey bigstrok it looks great. How did you move the bumpers in I want to do that to mine but havent really thought about how to take those big shock absorber things out of there and fit the bumpers still. Thanks Justin

hey bigstrok it looks great. How did you move the bumpers in I want to do that to mine but havent really thought about how to take those big shock absorber things out of there and fit the bumpers still. Thanks Justin

Ditto! Start a thread on the bumper mods! 8)

Nice looking Duster! Yeh, how did you mod the bumpers? I've been thinking about moving my bumpers as well.
Bob

When you take off you bumper and remove the shock bumper brackets there should be a nut on the backside that seperates the shock, what we did is cut the threaded rod the nut was on to hold the shock together off and pushed them all the way up and stuck them back on the car to make sure they fit how we liked and they did so then we welded all the way around them and mounted them back up. Def. makes it look more like a 73. Thanks for all the compliments and intrest!

Well ive decided to go with some rallys, Ive got the wheels just need to find someone local who can sand blast them. Pics soon.

Well its been about a month since i have posted. But Yesterday and today was mostly spent pulling out the old 318 amd pressure washing the engine compartment to get it ready to be sanded and paint black. Im painting it black now because when I get it redone agian the whole car is going to be black. Im also dropping a 340 in it after its painted. Picture time.

Noengineduster001.jpg

Noengineduster002.jpg

Also followed up by a Recent picture of my spirit and my dads 69 dart swinger

Noengineduster004.jpg

Noengineduster005.jpg

Not much new news. Got the engine compartment almost done, changing from power to manual brakes so I have more room under the hood. When all this is done it will be time to get the 340 out of my spirit and get it ready to go in the duster :)

Also have my bucket seats ready to be recovered and put in as soon as a track shows up. I bought a wiper seal kit from schumaker, bought 4 new rallye wheels and got some centers from a member on here, Also picked up an extra set of A body high back seats. I still need to buy my new seat covers and carpet for the interior to make it look like new again Hard to believe how nice the dash pad and interior panels are in this car.

I found a better set of bucket seats a buddy of mine had they are out of a 70 dodge dart and they are almost in perfect condishion so now I have 3 sets of bucket seats lol. Engine compartment is painted and new wiper seals are installed will get pictures up as soon as I get some batteries for my camera.

PICTURES!

New bucket seats
Newblackbucketseats001.jpg

Newblackbucketseats002.jpg

Bucket seats I was going to use, now being used as my clothes hamper lol

Newblackbucketseats004.jpg

New rear rallye wheels
Newblackbucketseats003.jpg

good stuff man! Im glad to see I am not the only one who keeps car parts in the bedroom. sometimes they are just too nice to be left all alone in the garage. cool car.

Well I have some more progree pictures. I know alot of you guys dont like black engine compartments but I plan on having the car redone in black within the next few years so I went ahead and did the engine compartment.
Dusters340001.jpg

Also Got the 340 out of my amc spirit got it all cleaned up and painted and got my M1 on it. Its almost ready to go down in the duster.
Dusters340003.jpg

Dusters340002.jpg

Looks good! Are you going to reinstall the ac system on the 340? I might be interested in your water valve if your not.

your car looks very clean from what I,ve sEEN.COULD YOU PUT THE RALLEYES ON IT?SO IT WILL LOOK EVEN BETTER!!THANKS.HAHA LMAO!!IT LOOKS GREAT!!!

Ordered some stripes for it from challengergary. No other real progress so far. Should have the 8 3/4 under it in january.

:cheers:
Looks great so far.
The black engine compartment looks good (flack jacket on), and in the interim, it is clean and detailed.

-
Back