74 Duster with 70,71 front end?

-

paintman69

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if its possible to swap the existing hood and grill on a 74 Duster to an earlier year such as a 70 or 71? If I need to change the fenders too then so be it.... but I dont really care for the looks of the front end of the 74

No you can't. Either you use a complete front end from 70-72 or 73-74

I put a 70 front end (hood, grill, and fenders) on a 75 duster 20 years ago. As 1970Duster said you have to change all the sheet metal. I do'nt remember any real problem other than that.

Hey guys, does anyone know if its possible to swap the existing hood and grill on a 74 Duster to an earlier year such as a 70 or 71? If I need to change the fenders too then so be it.... but I dont really care for the looks of the front end of the 74

I did it on my 73 just changed the hood, grill, valance and bumper. Used the same fenders.

check out my '74 duster w/70-71 nose on the Welcome Wagon thread (A bodies-Big Motors,around page 11) It's really no big deal...only fab work is attaching the upper grille/hood release support to the fender if you want to make it like the early ones(they had tabs on the fenders).Could just make a bracket to attach that piece in the center like the later '73 and up.

One of the best improvements cosmetic wise you can make to the '73 and up dusters is replacing the nose with one from a '70-'71 and the tail panel too along with the bumpers,but your still stuck with the generic sidemarkers,but if your going to do all that why not just get a '70-'71 to begin with..

-
Back