74 Plymouth duster, Need help with radiator

-

bengibbard13

Reaction score
so i have a 1974 duster, with a lighting kit and AC all those goodies, but my radiator is original and it took a complete dump on me.

so i have been searching around, some shops told me it would just cost to much to rebuild the one i have, i found this one cause the side cut outs look correct to what i have.

heres a little bit of details
its a 5.2 318
1974, everything is pretty much original, the shroud i think is original as well and thats where my main problem lies (read below)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PLYM...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_5080wt_1165

the only thing is, where does the shroud mount to?!?!!?
cause i dont see any holes for it to screw in near the end of the fins, they look like clips?! Also i already tried Champion Radiator cooling, the radiator was perfect but whoever cut the mounting holes just did it wrong, i dont think they cut any correctly for my year.

it looks like a really good radiator and it looks like it would mount perfectly but the shroud has been bugging me a lot.

can anyone tell me who has knowledge about this, if this Radiator is a correct fit for an all original 1974 Duster

anyways i really appreciate any help from anyone, im tired of letting my car sit on my mechanics drive way, and i need to know if its better to rebuild it or try and go for something like this.

Repo shropuds are available, summit racing has general shrounds that use a mounting system with zip ties that are very good, strong and won't melt or brake. I used one of there kits with a electric fan.

Beileve or not, I purchased a brand new rad. from AutoZone for about $200.

Just be a Be Cool Direct fit Alum Rad from summit racing, 300 and it has dual 1" cores, which is better than a 4 core copper rad any day of the week.
Yes it is a direct fit because I have one in my 70 duster.

I would rebuild. My scamp rad is in right now re-core 310.00 they say it should equal a 4 core. If you go they other way let me know may be interested in it . Is it 19" or 26". Part # is on top left 3692912 or 3692913 or 3692914.

-
Back