74 swinger rehab

-

swingin408

newb....kinda
Reaction score
hi guys , i havent posted since i finally brought my 74 home . i left it in Fl. while i moved around a bit and finally made my home in TX.

so i got her back to find about 20lbs of wasp nest and dirt daubers and some new rust .

im working from from to back since my largest missing part was the rear posi. which i actually just picked up yesterday (clutch sure grip 3:91 in 741 case) i think did well for $500 in fantastic drop in condition .
but i still chug along in the engine bay and now a completer re-wire with an ez harness (not fun)

as she sits she has a 360-408 stroker , cast crank 9.5:1 comp cam 284h 2.02 ported iron heads . full manual 727 w/2800 stall . i been having trouble finding all my receipts and build info , but it starting to come back . the motor only has about 30 miles since build and was only started about every 2 months for years . but after a fluid change and new fuel tank and lines it roared to life with no problem . Right now ive got a 650 Holley db and we'll see how that goes after its on the road . i foresee a larger carb since this is no way a daily car project anymore .

im also re-doing my half *** coil over system with some help from the forum and hemidenny
i have lots to do still but i'll have her back soon now that shes home with me !
i figure i at least owe some pics to the forum that has brought my project back to life !

Nice to see another late model coming back 8-) Just started mine as well...

Yay! Another beak car coming to life. Subscribed

Subscribed... I love these later cars but I never find them. ...I always find the 67-72 range.

73 + is hard to come by

Subscribed... I love these later cars but I never find them. ...I always find the 67-72 range.

73 + is hard to come by

I know where there's a ton...for cheap.... how far you willing to drive lol

I know where there's a ton...for cheap.... how far you willing to drive lol

Ha ....I don't even go across town by myself. ....I have my " safe zone" (5 mile radius around my house). Lol

But I definitely wouldn't mind a 75 swinger......I think they improved these cars In many ways after 73. Granted the muscle motif went away but they don't all have to be hot rods to be cool

Ha ....I don't even go across town by myself. ....I have my " safe zone" (5 mile radius around my house). Lol

But I definitely wouldn't mind a 75 swinger......I think they improved these cars In many ways after 73. Granted the muscle motif went away but they don't all have to be hot rods to be cool

lol im with ya with the safe zone lol . but i do drive to Louisiana once a month so im always willing to peak around when passing thru .
thats how i found this seat from a member in new orleans ! to be re-covered soon .

i was hoping to be working on this today ...

but i found a water leak in the driveway .... i would have bet money i needed a new hose .. but nope . a hole in the damn pump neck ! :hmph:

waaay corroded ! it must have been leaking slightly for years and finally gave . odd because the engine only has 30-40 miles on it . it just got started now and then and sat for years .
so water pump goes on today and i can start squeezing this b-body rear in . i moved my springs in a long time ago but like everything else on the car it needs going thru again .

ill take some new pics today . i need to get the fenders back on but its much easier to work the suspension without and i need to try a new spring rate for the front coils ..

Alright another Beak. Long live '74s. Looks like it has a ways to go but coming along nicely.

Been neglecting the thread lately since my wife had our first baby on the 10th ! Lil Mopar girl . don't worry the dart is going nowhere : )
Haven't been buying much since I been home with the wife a few weeks now . but I still chug along on some wiring and spent 2 days fitting the B-body rear with my moved springs and scarebird disc brackets [/URL[URL=http://s36.photobucket.com/user/soshaggy/media/IMAG0644_zps4oq1tz5t.jpg.html]

My biggest next purchase is a steering column and cut down my driveshaft .
Wish I had more to show but I really digging the mad
Max look !

What scoop is that and can you give me the measurements? ....I like it....thanks

What scoop is that and can you give me the measurements? ....I like it....thanks

I want to say it was actually for an mustang . an aftermarket piece a local race shop had hanging for a long time and I had to have it
I'll get it measure today

-
Back