741 case 3.23 gear set

-

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a 3.23 gear set for my 741 case but the only sets offered are 3.55 and 3.73. Doing a google search I see that 741 cases did come with 3.23 gear sets. So Im curious, why are they not made anymore? Which probably cant be answered, but is it safe to buy a used gear set, if I can even find them?

I would think it would be safe, just look signs of problems 323 gear is very street friendly and on the highway.:burnout:

I would think it would be safe, just look signs of problems 323 gear is very street friendly and on the highway.:burnout:

That is exactly why I want them. I have 3.73 in the car now and the best I can get is 11mpg cruising around. I hate that I cant go much over 100miles with out being on the look out for a gas station. Makes for summer cruising in the remote country tough. I have a set of 2.94's or where they 2.76's sitting here but Im leary to install that set because of the stall of my converter.

Look in the classified section for 3.23's for sale.

Dang! Just gave a set away with an axle housing.

I'd have swapped you for the 3.73 set.

I could have sworn I'd seen at least one of the three or four manufacturers offering them.

Dang! Just gave a set away with an axle housing.

I'd have swapped you for the 3.73 set.

I could have sworn I'd seen at least one of the three or four manufacturers offering them.

Damn! I would had bought yours actually. Im keeping the 3.73 set for the track. Going to have 2 different sets of center sections to run on my car.

My guess why they don't sell them new is the aftermarket is geared more towards performance. While 3.23's work fine if your engine is torquey they aren't really a "racy" gear.

I've bought used gears before. Just gotta make sure their in good shape and a matched set. Try to find a set with the original shim and the setup will be easier.

You might try looking on E-bay. I've seen NOS gears pop up there every now and again. Just make sure you check out the sellers feedback before you buy.

If you haven't already, post in the "wanted" section here. You may get a bite on a whole pumpkin ready to go? Although shipping cost's may be a issue with that?

-
Back