741 case

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Ok i found a rear for the dart it is out of a 70 duster.The car is a parts car with 90 thousand miles on it.The Canadian winter SALT did it in.Any way its 741 case with posi and 323 gears.How does this rear score is it a light duty no frills.The seller wants 800 Canadian,no **** that is close to what they go for here.

a 741 sure grip-- in good shape will handle most a body cars--- my friends 65 dart ran for 5 years on 1 of those -- his best time was 12.21 with a mild 360 & 904 tranny----
Buy the car-- swap the rears-- & re-sell it -- you'll get the rear for free. Lawrence

I read it as $800 for the 8 3/4 axle/diff. Anyways, a 741 (assuming in good condition) will be fine. I scored an almost new (little used) 741 suregrip carrier with 3.55 gears for $400 over here. The axle housing (with a 489 open carrier) itself cost me $200. I'm surprised you pay that much over there in Canada.

Skycuda is right 800 just for the rear,I will keep it in mind I hope its not anouther snooze you loose.Sounds like it would work behind my 360 but better is out there.thanksss.

What all are you looking for in the rear?
SBP or LBP?
Gear Preference?
With or w/o springs?
Stock or inboard spring location?

I might be able to help you out. PM if you're interested.

Jim

PS: I know how that first question sounds, didn't know how else to word it.:-D

-
Back