'75 Dart Swinger Beater

-

71ChallengerSE

A, B, & E Owner
Reaction score
I though I might go and post up some of the progress of my '75 Dart that I am putting together while I restore my 71 Challenger. I am collecting the pieces I need to convert it to the 70-72 style Dart. If you have any of those pieces let me know.

Thanks,
Chris

Dart_005.jpg

Dart_034.jpg

indexCAFSO0P1.jpg

indexCAGFCGSX.jpg

indexCAMLY0JL.jpg

2368576120101075490S600x600Q85.jpg

2584496530101075490S600x600Q85.jpg

DSC06994.jpg

DSC06988.jpg

So far I have replaced the broken torsion bar, the two rusty and dented fenders, changed to the 73 grille, pushed the bumper in 1 3/4", removed the bumper guards, and changed to the 70-71 side markers.

0922091543a.jpg

0922091543b.jpg

0922091543c.jpg

0922091543d.jpg

0922091554.jpg

0926091724.jpg

1013091825.jpg

1013091826c.jpg

1027091556.jpg

1027091556b.jpg

ouch she need alot of body work it will be sweet thou good luck

i have a front off of a 70 dart i should be getting it in a two weeks

Welcome to the site. Looks like one heck of a project. Will be cool once done.

I have got to give you alot of credit on tackling such a project. Our 74 Swinger and 73 Dart Custom have always been southern cars. I'm originally from Ohio so I know what rust is all about as well. I've told my son about northern cars and rust and how lucky we are to have a southern car to work on.
Haven't I seen you and your car in a magazine somewhere before?, possibly, "young-guns"?

I have got to give you alot of credit on tackling such a project. Our 74 Swinger and 73 Dart Custom have always been southern cars. I'm originally from Ohio so I know what rust is all about as well. I've told my son about northern cars and rust and how lucky we are to have a southern car to work on.
Haven't I seen you and your car in a magazine somewhere before?, possibly, "young-guns"?

Thanks, normally I would run from rust like this unless its a Challenger, but it was only $500 and I drove it home. I was in the November issue of Mopar Muscle Magazine.

YoungGun1.jpg

Great job on the Dart! it is coming along nicely....and the Challenger will benefit greatly from the skills you are acquiring.

I took it to its first sort-of show this past weekend. My MOPAR club went and donated canned goods to our local food drive.

I have a lead on a passenger fender, front valence, and rear bumper so I can convert my Dart. I almost have all the pieces I need to do the conversion. Hopefully I can get the pieces before I go and paint it.

Those rear wheels are kinda sick got any other pictures?

Yeah, I have a full set of those rims, I don't have any idea what they are but they did have SEMA stickers on the back. There was a guy on slantsix.org who has been looking all over for these rims since he sold his set.

There is a nice, cheap 72-73 rechromed rear bumper on ebay right now. Buy it now of $125 I think. I don't remember if it had the tail lights or not. All you would need is the rear valance, and you would be set!

dang sweet project that rust is narley but it looks like u got a control on things

Yeah note to self Never buy a Michigan car again :toothy10:

Here is the free fender I got from a local club member, but since he ran into a pole he wants it back. Maybe I can trade it for his smashed one? Also notice the twin scoops I picked up.

Here are also some better pics of the rear wheels.

I've got a strait 70 dart passanger fender I will let go for cheap. just needs paint, no dents or dings. I also have front bumper and hood

I just did a 72 conversion on my 74 Swinger. The front was a breeze, the back is another story. A couple other members have also done this swap. Also swapped to the 72 wing window doors. So I now say its a 72 when people ask

dart4.jpg

dart5.jpg

dart7.jpg

I've got a strait 70 dart passanger fender I will let go for cheap. just needs paint, no dents or dings. I also have front bumper and hood

That sounds great, but you are way to far away. I already have a hood thanks to a member here, but I still need a front bumper and brackets.

-
Back