75 Dodge Dart?

-

SinSled13

Reaction score
Im buying a 1975 dart, 4 door, with 13,000 original miles. Anything i need to know, or should keep an eye on?

Look in the trunk for rot. Wheel well and everything else in the trunk, the underside of the rear 1/4s, under the viynl top (Poke at it with finger all over if you hear crunching it has rust under it) if it has one, and the rocker panels, If you see bubbleing in the bottoms of 1/4's or fenders rust.
Just look just about everywhere.
Keep us posted if you buy it.

Keep in mind that the odometers of older vehicles only go out to five figures before they roll over, so your 13,000 original miles could actually be 113,000 original miles, the odometer would look the same in either case.

A 13,000 mile vehicle shouldn't have any worn out bushings, door pins, etc. Might not look new depending on how it was stored, but all the parts that wear shouldn't be worn out. Steering should be nice and tight, doors shouldn't sag, seat shouldn't have a worn out spot on the drivers side, you get the idea.

Check the floorboards, trunk, quarters and lower fenders for rust. Even if it only has 13k miles if its been stored outside at all it may have rust in those areas.

And there's nothing wrong with buying a 113,000 mile car, just don't pay for a 13,000 mile car if you're getting a 113,000 mile car.

And welcome to A-bodies! :D

Thanks for the warm welcomes the guyim getting it off of is the second owner and has had it in a garage for the last 25 years. The doors dont sag, the interior is perfect. There is some rust at the bottom of the vinyl top. It will be in my possession in the next couple weeks.

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_5844.jpg

5Nb5K85F13Kf3Ma3N7c5kd178009879b01782.jpg

IMG_8489.jpg

Welcome to FABO SinSled13!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Did you buy the car?

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• 1st Drag Race Side View in Pits.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 130
from the looks of it you already have it, but take a good hard look at the torsion bar kmember. the big piece of tube that contains the hex key side of the torsion bar can rust at the k member seam and spin right inside of your k member. don't ask me how i know :p and mine had 30K miles on it when i got it.
welcome to the forum!

-
Back