75 Duster backspace question 3-5/16 or 4-7/8

-

shobes

Reaction score
I'm going to get a set of Centerline Auto Drags 15 x 8.5 and run 275-60 R15 tires. Wondering which backspacing you guys have went with, the two options are 3-5/16 or 4-7/8. I currently have the same tire size on my car but with the tires on hard to get an exact measurement and there is currently 1/2" to 3/4" clearance between the tires and the springs. rims are 15 x 8 from previous owner, measures appx 4.25-4.5" back spacing but again can't get a perfect measurement while tires on the rims.( For height I'm fine, running SS springs.) I'd like to go with 4-7/8 but worried I'll have little to no clearance.....

Appreciate input, please let me know.

In case someone else has the same question come up, I went with the 4-7/8" and I still have a good 1/2" clearance between the tire and the spring. Having the 8.5" wide rim with slightly more backspacing lets it fit nearly the same as an 8" rim with slightly less backspacing.

Looks sharp!

WOW! Made the leap on it. Cool. Pic's?

yeah, I was pretty sure it would fit....butt.....yeah made the final leap and went for it! I would rather have it only a 1/2" from the spring than have to little backspacing and get offered to hire my car hired out as a steamroller!:vom:8-)
i'll post up some pics of the tires/rims, space between the tires/springs once my front rims come in and I get them on! (they are on backorder)

For that matter now that this round of improvements is over I'll have to post up pics of the inside and under the hood as well, tho where to put them I'm not sure.

Now I just wish I had videotaped the 100 yards smokey burnout I did before going to put on my new tires!

I have a 71 Demon that I put 73 duster control arms/ ball joints on the front of. But I need to know what wheels/ manufacturers/ backspace/ tire size I can use. Cragar doesn't offer a wheel with a backspace that i can make fit. My tire hits the fender.

-
Back