75 Duster Drip Rail Repair

-

DocHolliday1995

Reaction score
My drip rails are in really bad shape on my Duster. It was 90% restored when I bought it. Therefore I didn't do any body work to it, because I thought it had already been done. There are rust holes in my drip rails that are probably an inch long and a quarter inch wide. I want to fix them but I don't want to repaint my car right now. I'm going to repaint eventually, but I have another project going at the moment. Do I need to just shave them off whenever I'm ready to repaint, or can they be fixed?

IMG_1320.JPG

Good luck! That's an absolute terrible place for rust. It's made me turn vehicles down for purchase more than a few times.

I
Good luck! That's an absolute terrible place for rust. It's made me turn vehicles down for purchase more than a few times.
I should've checked them before I bought it. I wasn't aware that it should be checked. The guy that had it before me covered up the rust holes in the rails with electrical tape to keep it from leaking.

If you don't have a welding machine or short on funds neutralize the rust and use lab metal, dura glass, USC all metal, or something equivalent for a short term solution. If rust isn't eliminated it will rear its ugly head again at a later date. These are tedious and time consuming and tend to grow as you start welding or in search of good metal to weld too.

If you don't have a welding machine or short on funds neutralize the rust and use lab metal, dura glass, USC all metal, or something equivalent for a short term solution. If rust isn't eliminated it will rear its ugly head again at a later date. These are tedious and time consuming and tend to grow as you start welding or in search of good metal to weld too.
I have a mig, so I'll just try to neutralize the rust and let it ride the way it is for now. Thanks guys!

-
Back