75 Hang 10 Dart Sport beater

-
It's so good to see you moving on an A body again Adam :colors:.
Keep up the good work and I will keep an eye on what your moves are :glasses8:
So far it's looking great :rock: and I know you can get this dun, and we will be right here by your side bud :rock:

DusterPaul gave it a good look. Now, get some fiberglas and fashion surfboard nose inserts to put into each scoop to make them look like surfboards. LOL, just a funny suggestion.

I like the Hang 10s.

You might find carpet remnants at a carpet store that are close to a shag. Probably not in red so you would have to dye a tan or white remnant to your color.

Adam,
I am a body guy by trade If you need a hand with any of the fab work or panel work I would be glad to lend an occasional hand...Sometimes it is worth it just to be part of putting such a Unique Mopar back on the road....good luck with the build

I'd do the all white as well, but think those monster bumper guards would have to go

You made the right choice to keep it Adam. One piece at a time works for me too. I have been enjoying mine during the summer since I bought it and made it road worthy 5 years ago. It has been very dependable and I keep making it better as time and money allows. One of these days I will start stripping it to get ready for paint but I have talked to the body shops and I plan to do the rust repair in stages too. Take lots of photos. We will all be with you on your resto. toolmanmike I like hang 10's too.

"It's Your Thang, Do What You Wanna Do" Keep us posted on the progress. Doing the whole trunk pan is a good idea though! Still waiting on the fresh run of Dr. Pepper hats.

Adam,
I am a body guy by trade If you need a hand with any of the fab work or panel work I would be glad to lend an occasional hand...Sometimes it is worth it just to be part of putting such a Unique Mopar back on the road....good luck with the build

Thanks Dave ! I spent 2 years doing resto work at a local shop so I know enough to be dangerous, LOL

I'd do the all white as well, but think those monster bumper guards would have to go

eventually it will get a fresh coat of white paint and a new vinyl top, Its not something Im gonna worry about anytime soon. It will probably be multi color for years. The bumper guards will be gone this weekend, I cant close the garage door with them on, LOL

So heres today work.

I brought home my buffer and a wool pad, I hardly ever use wool now but I figure the rock hard dry enamel needs something pretty aggressive. I leaned on this thing pretty good hoping to uncover the original decals but no luck. A good slow compound and a high speed polish with some swirl remover thats been in the garage for ever and it looks pretty shiny now.

I also gave the roof a quick squirt with black spray paint I had laying around. Looks better then rust.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 313
  • 004.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 346
Do the bottom one. That just screams 1975!! Oh and take lots of pics through out the journey. I am going to live vicariously through this build. You know since I can't work on a car right now being in the middle of this war and all.
I agree....

yes I did...this could be a really fun car to have and to show.

Paul

DusterPaul gave it a good look....

vbpgimage.php

Paul, I gotta say, I kinda like the blue grill although Im not a big fan of the 7 gill and may swap in a 73-74 grill and header.

Meathead, Already sent in my info but havent heard back from him yet.

So the short term plan for the car is to replace the floor pans and trunk pan.

The interior clean up pretty good so for now I will just replace the carpet. I requested a sample from ACC for the only shade of orange they have. Its not however available in shag. The door panels are pretty much trash so I will have to live with out them for now. The ash tray is missing but I usually pull it anyways and add a oil and water temp gauge there any way.

Heres my old Barracuda with a few autometers in place of the ash tray.
6e27.jpg

The radio hole has been cut for a new din sized unit so I will plug the hole with one I have on the shelf. Id also like to swap the ugly stock steering wheel for a grant tuff wheel, I have an adapter kit on the shelf for it all ready.

cool car Adam! Hang tens are pretty cool. I kinda like the white hood with scoops though......Is it a 318 car?

Its a slant six for now. I'll keep it in there for awhile while I collect parts to do the swap.

Just looking at the before and after pictures, it don't even look like the same car. Good to hear you are going down the restoration road with it. Cool car for sure. I got a 73'-74 Duster Grill and clear marker lenses and a chrome grill script. May have some other doo dads lying around. yours for the shipping. Let me know. Do a little at a time, you will see the transformation and hey you can have the knowledge that you rescued it from sure death in the crusher. I will be following this thread for sure.

Glad to hear your going to keep and repair the car Adam, I wish I was closer to ya, I would love to give you a hand, as a fellow body/paint guy! We gotta stick together! LOL!

the 5 stages of "car"

1: denial, "it's not so bad, just a little rust"

2: anger, "why did I buy this piece of junk!?!?!?"

3: bargaining, "O.K. I will just make it drivable and do a little at a time"

4: depression, "this is hopeless it will never get done"

5: acceptance, "oh well may as well get started, clean out my bank account and hit the swapmeets"

step 6 always seems to help...beer lots of beer.. just think how it helps the uglee people at closing time :cheers:
the 5 stages of "car"

1: denial, "it's not so bad, just a little rust"

2: anger, "why did I buy this piece of junk!?!?!?"

3: bargaining, "O.K. I will just make it drivable and do a little at a time"

4: depression, "this is hopeless it will never get done"

5: acceptance, "oh well may as well get started, clean out my bank account and hit the swapmeets"

-
Back