750 Brawler vs 650 AVS 2 at the track, right OOTB !

-
That video started out with that blaring music and I said to myself ohhh boy. But the music stopped and was replaced by tire smoke and engine music. Thanks for that.
Thanks for the feedback! Sometimes in videos, in places like a dragstrip, i have to supplement music for theirs so I don't get copyright claim.

Last edited:
Ya but does it run 12.80’s.
My best run last year was 11.58 @ 114mph. I was blowing through a worn out converter. Got a new converter and trans rebuild for this season. Just waiting for some decent weather to see what we have now. Hoping for low 11's, high 10s.

My best run last year was 11.58 @ 114mph. I was blowing through a worn out converter. Got a new converter and trans rebuild for this season. Just waiting for some decent weather to see what we have now. Hoping for low 11's, high 10s.

Very nice!!!

nice! 440 ?

Yes - 440. Trick flow 240 heads, Howards Roller. Short block is a basic 30 over 440 with heavy 6 pack rods, stock forged crank, icon pistons. This car is heavy @ 3740 with me in it. (im 230lbs)

I recently got the AVS2 for my 360. Have not tried it yet though. Really enjoy your videos @318willrun, thanks for posting and great work!

Yes - 440. Trick flow 240 heads, Howards Roller. Short block is a basic 30 over 440 with heavy 6 pack rods, stock forged crank, icon pistons. This car is heavy @ 3740 with me in it. (im 230lbs)
You have the right combo, you'll get to 10's no problem

I'm hoping so. This car also does Rocky Mountain Race Week and some other drag and drive events. So - it is pretty cool to drag a small trailer with this thing, and have it do 300-500 mile trips between tracks in the mountains. It does well for a dual purpose machine!!

Nice work on the video. Excellent results!

For those pesky carb stud nuts, I always use these and I’ll never go back. The smaller head take a 3/8” wrench, not a 1/2”. A little expensive but I ARP bolt everything to death. LOL.

I run a 1/2" Edelbrock spacer under my AVS2. Also wrapped the fuel line and still get heat soak. Drives me crazy.
I can vouch for this as well- ran a 650avs2 on my 69’ Firebird with a Pontiac 350- Timing was spot on, carb spacer, performer rpm intake, vented gas cap, hi flow fan, 160 thermostat, big *** aluminum radiator and still used to get and vapor lock/heat soak, the fuel filter would get so hot.

Glad to see this, makes me feel good cuz it used to piss me off I couldn’t figure out why the heat soak was happening, thank you!

So both carbs are vacuum secondaries? Would mechanical be the better option for better 60' times and overall ET?
I'm asking because I am thinking of replacing my Street Avenger 770 with vacuum secondaries with a Holley 850 with mechanical setup. My 60' times were slow and I'm looking to improve that.

So both carbs are vacuum secondaries? Would mechanical be the better option for better 60' times and overall ET?
I'm asking because I am thinking of replacing my Street Avenger 770 with vacuum secondaries with a Holley 850 with mechanical setup. My 60' times were slow and I'm looking to improve that.
750 is not vs

All Carter 4bbl carbs & Edel carbs are mechanical sec carbs. The sec throttle blades arrive at WOT at the same time as the primaries.

Next upgrade to the car will be a sure-grip. I don't feel I can add much more power/torque or converter without one

Next upgrade to the car will be a sure-grip. I don't feel I can add much more power/torque or converter without one
What I cant figure out is how you can alternate the wheel differential for the burnouts. Another good video by the way.

What I cant figure out is how you can alternate the wheel differential for the burnouts. Another good video by the way.
I have separate brake lines.. Kidding! The passenger tire will want to break loose first, so it heats up first. once it's sticky, then on the next try, the drivers side breaks loose because it's still wet, and it heats up.

gonna do a gear change at the same time or just keep it the same?

150 shot 3.23s
Nothing better then sucking the paint off 3.91 4.10 4.56 cars with hi-way gears

-
Back