76 A Body Sway Bars

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone had a 76 FSM and could check it and post the diameter of the front and rear sway bars used on the police pursuit option.

I wish that I could help, but the only thing that I remember about those cars is that they handled like no other A-Body !
Cincinnati, Ohio had about 25 of them and all of were unmarked and were the same color as the Cincinnati Gas and Electric fleet cars. The only way you could spot them were the fat tires and wheels.
I will check a couple of places and get back to you. I fabbed up a rear bar set-up off a Dippy cop car.

'67-up k-members are alot different than the earlier ones, so hopefully you aren't going to try fitting the '73-up one on your '65. '66-down is the first gen, '67-'72 is the second, and '73-'76 is the third and final generation. You can adapt the '73-'76 into the '67-'72, but the whole k-member must be swapped in as well; the swaybar passes thru the front of the crossmember and mounts closer inboard than the '67-'72 (larger caliper clearance is needed on the last gen). Largest bar on '76 A-body? 1 1/8", hope that helps!

I sold an A-body cop-car rear sway bar a few months ago. It was 7/8" diameter and came from a '75 Valiant.

The standard front sway bar on a 75 A-body was .812 (13/16"). I seriously doubt the cop cars bar was any larger.

-
Back