76 Dart 8.25

-

MoparKid72

'72 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Will a 8.25 rear from a 76 Dart bolt into a 72 Dart Swinger?

Also will 7.25 Parts from a 73 Dart like brakes and backing plates swap onto the 8.25 from a 76 Dart?

Thanks,
Dillon

Rear ends are the same meaning width, the only thing is your bolt pattern from front to back going to be different , small on front, large on rear .If you are running ralley wheels would be great .Get two small and to big , you will hardly notice , or i should say a mopar guy will, chebby or phord dude will not ,As far as the 7 1/4 you prob would not want those smal little 9 inch brakes , depending what you are running for power also. You also may run into u joint issue , or use the 76 drive shaft.

I have 10 inch brakes and big bolt pattern on mine. It's a 73 axle in my 72

I put the 10"x2.5" drums/backing plates/hardware/etc from my 1973 7-1/4" rear end onto the 8-1/4" rear I pulled from a 197- Duster. Fit was perfect. If you're in the same shoes (pun intended), you should be all set.

I put the 10"x2.5" drums/backing plates/hardware/etc from my 1973 7-1/4" rear end onto the 8-1/4" rear I pulled from a 197- Duster. Fit was perfect. If you're in the same shoes (pun intended), you should be all set.

He's right.
As long as it's an A body 7 1/4'' big bolt pattern rear ('73 and up), the brake parts including the backing plates are the same as an A body 8 1/4'' rear end.
U-bolts and shock plates are smaller on all 7 1/4'' rears though.
The drive shaft is longer on a 7 1/4'' car as well.

-
Back