76 Dart Sport - Bolt pattern 5 on 4.5???

-

PlumCrazyChris

Yes I have a modiction
Reaction score
Hi I'm getting a 76 Dart Sport and was trying to find out if it might have big bolt pattern? I know it has 14" rims.

Did they all go to big bolt pattern at some point?

Thanks,
Chris

Breaking it down a bit more.

Disc brakes, 5X4.5

10" drums 5X4.5

9" drums 5X4

All cars built after January 1, 1976 should have had disk brakes standard, and all the 73+ front disk brake cars had the 5x4.5" big bolt pattern.

If it has front drums it could be the 5x4" pattern.

All cars built after January 1, 1976 should have had disk brakes standard, and all the 73+ front disk brake cars had the 5x4.5" big bolt pattern.

If it has front drums it could be the 5x4" pattern.

Thanks for the info guys, I was hoping it has discs, it is a Dart Lite, so you'd think they swap out the heavy drums.

Just spoke to the woman selling it but she doesn't know discs from drums, and no pic of the engine bay yet.

72 your Challenger is looking good. you have a roll bar in it?

I am not showing 9" drums in 1976. The last of the 9" drums show to be in 1973. 10" front drums are small bolt pattern. This is correct as far as my manuals show.

I guess I could be mistaken, but that sure is how I thought they came. Oh well.

Twenty plus years ago, I had both a Dart Lite and a Feather Duster. The Dodge had drums (small bolt) and a manual trans whilst the Plymouth had discs and an automatic. Wish I still had either one.

Thanks for the info guys, I was hoping it has discs, it is a Dart Lite, so you'd think they swap out the heavy drums.

Just spoke to the woman selling it but she doesn't know discs from drums, and no pic of the engine bay yet.

It could have come either way unless it was built after January, I believe there was some kind of safety law that took effect 1/1/76. At any rate, if it was built after then its disks.

Thanks, my Challenger looks a lot better from 20ft off than it does up close :-D . That's not a roll bar you're seeing, it's my 3 point retractable seat belts hanging down. Kinda ruins the hard top look, but they're a huge improvement over the originals.

My friend's Feather Duster has (manual) discs and BBP wheels, if that helps. IIRC, his is a November-built car.

I thought Feathers had discs standard...but am the first to admit I'm not sure.

-
Back