77 360 oil pan in a 66 Dart!Questions.

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I have a 77 360 going in my 66 Dart,I,m using schumacher mounts and the 66 has the dropped centerlink.Am I gonna have clearance issues with the 77 pan hitting K-frame?centerlink?Has anybody done the 77 360 to 66 Dart,Cuda.The motor is from a Cordoba,Charger.Thanks.

yep, as long as it's the center sump car pan it will clear with the v-8 centerlink. I'm running a 360 in my 63 dart with no issues. Just adding to oldvart's info.

I would think that charger/Cordoba pan will work for you. Do you have the drop center link in car now?

Yes,I have the dropped centerlink Moparlee,this has made my day(knowing I,ll have no clearance issues)with the oil pan.Now I can focus on the 904 tranny.Stage 2 kit,2500 stall.Yeeha!!Thanks for the good news guys!

Hahahaha you guys and your clearance issues. You got it made. The centerlink in my car used to go right THROUGH the middle of the oilpan. There was metal tubing welded through the pan where the centerlink would pass through. You couldn't remove the motor without taking the steering linkage apart. That was a pain.

Hahahaha you guys and your clearance issues. You got it made. The centerlink in my car used to go right THROUGH the middle of the oilpan. There was metal tubing welded through the pan where the centerlink would pass through. You couldn't remove the motor without taking the steering linkage apart. That was a pain.
That sounds like quite the mod. Hey Out sider any word on the shifter?

just confirming this as well, with some added info. i have a 360 in my 64 that used to have a slant and i'm still running the 6 cyl steering link. i shimmed the motor mounts with some 3/8" steel and it clears the link just fine. center sump passenger car oil pan.
-Tim

Finished test driving my 1965 dart 360 swap yesterday. It was pretty much a drop in after modifying the stock motor mount and getting the crank adapter for the early 904 trans. This thing is a bear above 3000 rpm. Bottom end is soft though. More work on it today.

Finished test driving my 1965 dart 360 swap yesterday. It was pretty much a drop in after modifying the stock motor mount and getting the crank adapter for the early 904 trans. This thing is a bear above 3000 rpm. Bottom end is soft though. More work on it today.
Glad you dropped it in so easy!I just started this morning pulling the 6 cyl. top is all undone,now for bottom.Taking a coffee break!I,m waiting on swap parts to arrive.Mounts and headers,just picked up a m.box lastnite!I,ve ggot aways to go,but hey its spring!

Congrat's Pettybludart:-D It sounds like it will go in and you will have no problems.
Some great responses here, Have a great spring day.:cheers:

Thanks Memike,we are 2 hours ahead here,so the 6 should be out by noon.Then sandblasting,after a visit to POPS in hospital!

Way to go pettyblu. If you need any photos or more info on the swap, feel free to ask. If I don't already have the photos, I can take some for you. Keep pluggin' away at it, and good luck.

Pettyblu, I have a date on Sat AM to haggle over some shifter parts...I've got no luck however. No '71 Demon hood.

If I don,t find anything by the end of the weekend,I,m gonna have to bite the bullet for a hurst shifter,hoping to find a used one!Cheap!Thanks for trying Outsider!

tell me about this crank adapter please,, thanks

-
Back