77 360..where do i go next?

-

1971dodgedart/6

Reaction score
i have a 77 360 2bbl that i want to build for my 71 dart. i tore the engine down and bagged all the bolts and brackets and boxed up everything so im looking at a bare block. im on an extremely tight budget but i ordered keith black aluminum standard bore pistons, speed pro main bearings, and basically what i want to know is what should be machined, some people say the crank is a must some people say everything is a must. theres still cross hatching on the cylinder walls and the mains were all in good shape, just lots of grease and probably alot of driving miles on it. im not looking for a perfect bluprinted engine just something thats got some balls that i can drive to car shows and cruise with, can i do all this in my garage? thank you..

Take it to the machinest and check the bores and have it cleaned up inside and out. If it needs a rebore/hone, he'll letcha know.

Then give him the crank for a look. He'll put a mik to it and letcha know if it needs work.

Then go from there.

you are right. i sent it out, .030 over and the crank i being polished, $1700 hes building me a shortblock

-
Back