78 D300. and a 6.1

-

o1heavy

1974 dart sport
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the trans tunnel in a 78 dodge truck would accept a late model Tranmission throwing around the idea of a 6.1 but the modern trans is a must just not sure about the trans tunnel. Thanks for any input.

Does anyone know if the trans tunnel in a 78 dodge truck would accept a late model Tranmission throwing around the idea of a 6.1 but the modern trans is a must just not sure about the trans tunnel. Thanks for any input.

I would say yes.
Alot of room in these trucks.

Been thinking the same thing, found this on youtube

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahv6BNzkyh8"]1974 Dodge D100 5.7 Hemi V8 Five Speed Auto Custom Pickup - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty sure you won't have much of a problem, my tunnel is huge. Only one way to see for sure is to shove it in there and see if it fits.

Apparently, Street &Performance Inc. in Mena, AR has swapped a '93 Ramcharger with one. Might wanna call em and see how they go it to fit considering is is close to our chassis in tunnel size.
(479)394-5711

I have a line on picking up a entire drive Train engine trans harness and even. Or at least I think it's a good price what is the average going price
And just so I'm clear using the factory ecm is very complicated correct

I'm putting 1 in my 64 CSS D200, but I'm gonna leave the 727 in it.

I have a line on picking up a entire drive Train engine trans harness and even. Or at least I think it's a good price what is the average going price
And just so I'm clear using the factory ecm is very complicated correct

What year make and model is the drive tran coming from?

2009 think. Have not taken a serious look at it yet I know the vvt started then on the 5.7. So I guess the 6.1 has it to. But like I said I have not looked to deep I to the engine package he has I'm a little concerned about being about to use the factory ecm. From what I understand the anti theft. Is a real pain
I would really like to use the modern trans as well. Would make a really nice hotrod/tow truck

5.7 you are using the 5.7 or the 6.1. And are u starting a thread. So I could follow the build.

I'm gonna use the stock 5.7 hemi that is in my 64 Polara 500, and the Polara is getting a stroked 392ish. Gonna keep the 727 in the truck just because I've already done eng/trans once and I want to keep this simple. No ac, power steering, just all engine......but that could change. Right now the truck is running/driving and I'm still in the process of getting parts, mainly pistons, for the stroker. So it is a ways off, maybe next summer.

-
Back