78 Dodge Club Cab...what's it worth???

-

bamadart

Reaction score
Any ideas on what a 78 Dodge Club Cab, short bed, all original, 440 auto, runs great, couple dents here and there but not too bad, no rust to speak of, never been painted, 127,000 miles...I'm afraid to make the guy an offer

It is hard enought to give an opinion when we have pictures and impossible without pictures. Scrap iron it should bring $350 to $450 depending on what they are paying around you.

Any ideas on what a 78 Dodge Club Cab, short bed, all original, 440 auto, runs great, couple dents here and there but not too bad, no rust to speak of, never been painted, 127,000 miles...I'm afraid to make the guy an offer
Don't be afraid! Tell him what it's worth to you. You never know, he might jump at it.

2 wd/4wd,adventurer SE/sport custom, pic's would help

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow if weather permits, it's an Adventurer 150, 2 wheel drive

I sold a '74 equipped like that for $2000.00 a couple of years ago. Probably on the high side but the guy wanted it pretty bad and I sold it on payments (truck stayed in my possession until paid for). He's gone crazy spending money on it. I'll bet he has close to 8k in it now. :wack:
Dallas

here are a few pics

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 538
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 520
I would have said between $2000 and $2500 in a rust infested Michigan environment until I saw the big dent. I would say about $800 with the dent.

You know its looks like a cool truck. It's right up the alley of what I like original not messed with to much. It's seems to be a get what you see type vehicle.

I might be willing to pay a premium for a vehicle like this if I really wanted it. But I still think the resale value is only around $2,000.

That dent is the least of my worries, a Saturday in the shop and I'll have that fixed and in primer, it's nothing that is going to kill the value that much, not in my eyes anyway, there is some rust in the tailgate but repairable, other than that just some surface stuff, anyway, I bought the truck for $1200, according to paperwork with truck I am 3rd owner, got a matching shell with it too....thanks everyone for the opinions!!

That dent is the least of my worries, a Saturday in the shop and I'll have that fixed and in primer, it's nothing that is going to kill the value that much, not in my eyes anyway, there is some rust in the tailgate but repairable, other than that just some surface stuff, anyway, I bought the truck for $1200, according to paperwork with truck I am 3rd owner, got a matching shell with it too....thanks everyone for the opinions!!

Good job!

That dent in the cab is actually not too hard to push back out.
That area is actually open easily accesable.

My dad still has his 78 club, 4x4, 360 4-speed that he bought new, it is looking a little rough with 240,000K, one new clutch at 213K and a valve job at about 220K.
It has been a good truck.

$1200 sounds resonable.

Hey zhandfull, the truck was bought new in Cali....when I get home tomorrow I'll look and see which dealer it came from, and I think I will be able to push a lot of the dent out to cut down on the filler

Cool truck!! The dent wouldnt've scared me off. You got a good deal!! Up here it's a $3500 truck. Love the dual gas tanks....ya'll need it with the 440 LOL. Yes Im jealous too, the interior looks in nice shape!

it seems to be a pretty good old truck, drives really tight, not really sure what I'll do with it, I just saw it for sale and made him an offer, been watching the truck for a few years now

-
Back