7875 + 5.9 + E85 + Megasquirt

-
Did you get the overly rich condition tuned out? Was it just in the VE table or did you end up finding a mechanical issue?

Did you get the overly rich condition tuned out? Was it just in the VE table or did you end up finding a mechanical issue?
Took a little fuel out of the VE table and that seemed to do the trick. It’s still a little rich coming off the 2-step but that’s in parts of the table that have never been used so not unexpected.

Looking for sure but hard to get over the sticker shock of legit injectors.
VS has a good deal on balanced 210lb but they are high impedance where MS cab only drive low if I remember right or did they change that for the pro? To bad my old 160s were hard to control due to the old design, else I'd send you them to try out and see.

VS has a good deal on balanced 210lb but they are high impedance where MS cab only drive low if I remember right or did they change that for the pro? To bad my old 160s were hard to control due to the old design, else I'd send you them to try out and see.
Thanks Matt. I have the MS3Pro EVO. It supports high impedance injectors. The MS3Pro Ultimate supports both low and high impedance. What kind of injectors are your 160s? They might be low impedance if you had to use an external box to drive them.

Thanks Matt. I have the MS3Pro EVO. It supports high impedance injectors. The MS3Pro Ultimate supports both low and high impedance. What kind of injectors are your 160s? They might be low impedance if you had to use an external box to drive them.

They are the bold Bosch style, they are high impedance, the MS3 can drive only low I'm guessing but the versa fueler allows high impedance to be driven as low since high doesn't like low pulses, from what I understood from talking with Matt at diyautotune. Heres a pic

20211219_093150.jpg

Last edited:
Talking injectors, supposedly the snake eater performance 210s are supposed to be fairly good and priced decent. They’re straight off the boat but snake eater flows and matches them. Even offers a warranty iirc. You could also increase base pressure to get you a little more range. There’s folks that run all the way up to 90 base psi. If you’re are 43 currently that’d get you quite a bit further before having to drop the coin for new injectors

Talking injectors, supposedly the snake eater performance 210s are supposed to be fairly good and priced decent. They’re straight off the boat but snake eater flows and matches them. Even offers a warranty iirc. You could also increase base pressure to get you a little more range. There’s folks that run all the way up to 90 base psi. If you’re are 43 currently that’d get you quite a bit further before having to drop the coin for new injectors
Thanks. I have SnakeEater on my radar also. I’ve read good reviews about them.

I bought a set of Snake Eater 1500cc injectors and I’ve already got buyer’s remorse. I installed them, updated my required fuel and dead time to match the characteristics of these new injectors and got the motor running without much fuss but it wouldn’t idle. I ended up adding a bunch of fuel to the VE table just to get it to idle because it was so lean with these “bigger” injectors. Same thing happened when I took it out on the road. Extremely lean. Totally counter intuitive. I would think they would run a little rich if anything. So out of curiosity I reloaded by tune for my 80lb injectors and the damn thing runs fine.
Sent an email to their support and I’m waiting impatiently for a response. I think they sent me some mislabeled 80lb injectors.

Also bought a 2nd AEM 400lph pump and I’m trying to figure out how to get it mounted, plumbed and wired. I’ll probably trigger it from the MS based on TPS. Like 30% throttle, activate.

What injectors are you running now and what do you consider to be a legit injector?
The 80lb injectors are factory LS flex fuel injectors that have been decapped. “Legit” I would say is anything that is not a clone. The Snake Eaters are obviously knock offs and it’s a gamble using them but they do get good reviews. Bosch, FICs, Deatsworks are a few that are pushed by the professional tuners.

The 80lb injectors are factory LS flex fuel injectors that have been decapped. “Legit” I would say is anything that is not a clone. The Snake Eaters are obviously knock offs and it’s a gamble using them but they do get good reviews. Bosch, FICs, Deatsworks are a few that are pushed by the professional tuners.
I run 16 Holley injectors and am working on a project with 16 250pph AFIS injectors. Apparently they’re new on the scene. This guy switched from Billet Atomizers to these. https://www.hploil.com/afis

Also bought a 2nd AEM 400lph pump and I’m trying to figure out how to get it mounted, plumbed and wired. I’ll probably trigger it from the MS based on TPS. Like 30% throttle, activate.

I just bought the double insulated mounts off eBay and welded a bracket to my framing after we took out the spare tire area. My primary is on a switch to turn on without always on with key on, then the second is triggered from MS3 on a relay. Thought I had a better picture.

20190414_144456.jpg

I run 16 Holley injectors and am working on a project with 16 250pph AFIS injectors. Apparently they’re new on the scene. This guy switched from Billet Atomizers to these. https://www.hploil.com/afis
Wow, those are nice and $$$! I’ve looked at the Holleys also and their pricing isn’t too bad but they are low-impedance and won’t work out of the box with my Megasquirt.

I just bought the double insulated mounts off eBay and welded a bracket to my framing after we took out the spare tire area. My primary is on a switch to turn on without always on with key on, then the second is triggered from MS3 on a relay. Thought I had a better picture.

View attachment 1715854728
I want that whole rear end and suspension!! That’s badazz.

I have one of those dual brackets also. I bought the 8AN Y fitting thinking it would work perfect with this bracket, but the bracket mounts the pumps too wide for it and nothing lines up.
331FAC82-B879-468C-B715-3ECAD2EE471C.png

6750AA1C-62D6-45F8-8FF0-0FE4A5FCC31C.jpeg

I have one of those dual brackets also. I bought the 8AN Y fitting thinking it would work perfect with this bracket, but the bracket mounts the pumps too wide for it and nothing lines up. View attachment 1715854733
View attachment 1715854732
Yeah I had to space mine out a bit to make my Y work too, straights off the pumps and 45* off the Y and just used two isolator clamps and have them close to the Y to help support. Wish I had my car here to get a better picture. I circled how far up my Y is.

20220117_182310.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, those are nice and $$$! I’ve looked at the Holleys also and their pricing isn’t too bad but they are low-impedance and won’t work out of the box with my Megasquirt.
I was wrong. It seems Holley does offer high impedance injectors now.

-
Back