7875 + 5.9 + E85 + Megasquirt

-
The regulator should always be after the rails.
7DD8DC6C-DDB3-4526-9614-DB6161A24DC3.png

Not a lot to update guys. The SnakeEater injectors went back and the old injectors are back in. Made it to the track tonight and only got one slippery pass in before we were rained out and sent packing. This was like a 7.60 at 98mph and a terrible, terrible 60’….as you can tell in the vid.
https://youtube.com/shorts/PeRa6Y9EDmM?feature=share

Also I dropped the whole dual exhaust and mufflers and replaced everything with a single un-muffled down pipe. It’s loud but not unbearable. The LA style valve covers were sweating oil so I made some coil mounts for the old MP valve covers and put those back on. Big difference.
F442B5B1-C2FD-4CA6-BA52-9D96534E5EFC.jpeg
194035F8-4BED-4C50-B30D-C3264F7A9CDE.jpeg

Have you made any progress with fuel? To the best of my knowledge those decapped injectors flow around 96lb/hr or 1000cc’s. Are yours smaller? Have you run them at 58psi base pressure?

Have you made any progress with fuel? To the best of my knowledge those decapped injectors flow around 96lb/hr or 1000cc’s. Are yours smaller? Have you run them at 58psi base pressure?
they’re rated at 85lbs and I run them at 58psi. I finally got my 2nd pump wired and programmed to come on under boost but haven’t tested yet.

Put some new shoes on. These are the Hoosier DOT Drag Radials. A little softer than the MTs and a bit lighter. Hope they are stickier at the track.
Got the 2nd pump working and my fuel pressure issues above 5psi are now gone. On the flip side, my AFRs are now richer and I’ve been working on slowly removing fuel from the VE table and getting it back in line with the target AFR.
C1303330-5349-40B3-B91C-06CABCEA9C1B.jpeg
DAF2E43F-13E3-4A08-8E99-D21E62871DD4.jpeg

And to add another variable to the mix I added a 2nd water/meth nozzle (#10) at the base of the intake elbow. I’m running a #5 at the compressor which was a little undersized by itself. I haven’t tuned any with the new nozzle but just on a few test hits it’s making the AFR about .3-.4 points richer so I’ll probably have to tune around it.
4054C158-98DC-49C5-AD72-56999425FD03.jpeg

Are you actually running water/meth mix? You should watch the engine masters episode where they tested a bunch of different stuff regarding it. The water/meth mix lowered the IAT but made no more power. Running straight methanol, dropped the IATs and made a bunch more power. The theory was that the water helped cooling but displaced enough volume that no more fuel could be added. It was eye opening for me.

Are you actually running water/meth mix? You should watch the engine masters episode where they tested a bunch of different stuff regarding it. The water/meth mix lowered the IAT but made no more power. Running straight methanol, dropped the IATs and made a bunch more power. The theory was that the water helped cooling but displaced enough volume that no more fuel could be added. It was eye opening for me.
I just watched that episode last night.very interesting. I’m running the Snows Boost Juice.

Be careful tuning to the meth I did that on my SRT4 and forgot to check the level and went way lean when I ran out, melted a piston. If you have a tank that you can put a sender in it so you can see the level from inside your car. Straight meth is the way to go, on mine felt like secondaries opening when it came on.

And to add another variable to the mix I added a 2nd water/meth nozzle (#10) at the base of the intake elbow. I’m running a #5 at the compressor which was a little undersized by itself. I haven’t tuned any with the new nozzle but just on a few test hits it’s making the AFR about .3-.4 points richer so I’ll probably have to tune around it.
View attachment 1715930271
Easiest way to address a rich condition is to add more boost !!
Can you control the water/meth with the ecu or are you using a Hobbs switch? Looks awesome!

Easiest way to address a rich condition is to add more boost !!
Can you control the water/meth with the ecu or are you using a Hobbs switch? Looks awesome!
It’s activated by the ECU based on RPM and boost PSI. The water/meth is more of a crutch for upper psi when I start hitting the limit of my injectors. I also plan on mixing in some 93 and shoot for an E70 or lower mix to get a little more mileage out of the injectors and the meth will be extra insurance against detonation.

The 50/50 Meth/water is making the AFR go really rich, bogging the motor. I moved the big nozzle to the turbo compressor and put a small #3 nozzle in the carb spacer plate but it’s too much. This was the goal to begin with, I just need to control the meth injection better. So I bought a solid state relay and will be able to ramp in the meth with a table. I love this MS3 Pro.

CF63198B-6751-465A-B489-B8F66D9DC8C2.png

Also started mocking up my summer project (triangulated 4 link). This one’s gonna take a lot of head scratching and mocking up but I think I have a good plan. Measure 50 times, cut and weld once.
6AA6F913-4B68-4540-B304-DAE716221482.jpeg
37E9536F-8F47-4A16-882A-411E4A70E338.jpeg
EF958B15-4F93-4666-BF77-94BC731B5921.jpeg

If you need pictures now the car is home for a bit can take which ever ones you need. Just let me know.
Thanks! I’ve saved a bunch of pics of your suspension setup already as references. The big challenge is the upper bars. I’m trying to get as much adjustability as possible, avoid making the bars too short and packaging all of it in that tiny space above the axle. Pics of your upper bars and the anti roll bar setup would be great.

Thanks! I’ve saved a bunch of pics of your suspension setup already as references. The big challenge is the upper bars. I’m trying to get as much adjustability as possible, avoid making the bars too short and packaging all of it in that tiny space above the axle. Pics of your upper bars and the anti roll bar setup would be great.

Let me know if you need more.

20220602_215041.jpg

20220602_215059.jpg

20220602_215125.jpg

20220602_215146.jpg

Just threw them on like that after I had to put a spacer on the left tire to stop it from rubbing, will be fixed before I drive it.

10-4
Looks like the bearing brackets need to be moved rearward on the framerails whatever length it takes to get the aluminum sway bar links to be parallel with the frame at ride hight and new vertical links made.

10-4
Looks like the bearing brackets need to be moved rearward on the framerails whatever length it takes to get the aluminum sway bar links to be parallel with the frame at ride hight and new vertical links made.
When they are forward like they should be they sit straight down at the mounts. Plus I have lots of room to adjust on those connector pieces.

Got the upper bar support all fab’d and tacked together. Happy with the way it’s coming out but probably have many more adjustments to get it right. It’s such a tight space to package everything into.
4B5C5C74-3576-44C9-89D6-5D23494C6BFD.jpeg
3E44E41A-0B47-459D-BC95-30DBB35CB3F1.jpeg
55A9FF24-F731-48A4-9572-DA884ADBA931.jpeg

Do you have any closer pictures of your wastegate setup? From the pictures, it looks like you are keeping the up-pipes divided into the flange and running a merge in to the wastegate flange. Any issues with that setup? I'm thinking of doing something similar, but can't decide. Thanks.

-
Back