'79 /6 roadrunner ?

-

74/6

Reaction score
I came across a 1979 Volare, super/6, four speed with roadrunner markings. Was there such a thing? I have hunted and have found 318 & 360 roadrunners, but no infor on a /6 one. By '79 was roadrunner just a trim package? Anyone have any information. Thanks.

I have never seen a Slant F-body Roadrunner or R/T, but that doesn't mean they didn't exist.

I looked at ordering a '77 Roadrunner and the only engine available that year with a manual trans was a 318.

it was mostly just a trim package but I believe you had to have the 318 or 360.

IIRC they did have slant "Beepers." Rare? Yep! Desirable? Not so far. If it was mine I wouldn't V8 it. Seeing that it has a 833OD I would hot rod it and save the factory stuff. Is it a 2bbl?

Does it have the handling package?

Is there a data plate you can look at and get the code for the RR package? Should be A57 for real RR.

I seen one here in Arkansas and it had a plush white leather int package and T tops , Orange car roadrunner call out's inside and out with air dams.

I looked at ordering a '77 Roadrunner and the only engine available that year with a manual trans was a 318.

My father bought a new 76 Volare station wagon with a 360 and factory trailer tow for my mom. It came with an automatic. Was pretty peppy to drive... Mom never complained about it being slow...

-
Back