8 1/4 rear with pinion snubber

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
I have a 67 Dart with a 8 1/4 rear sure grip. I have a pinion snubber but for the life of me cant find to much info. Im in need of the rubber. Is it the same as a 8 3/4? Im going to need one eventually and when i search all i can find is 8 3/4 rears with them. Thanks in advance.

I have a 67 Dart with a 8 1/4 rear sure grip. I have a pinion snubber but for the life of me cant find to much info. Im in need of the rubber. Is it the same as a 8 3/4? Im going to need one eventually and when i search all i can find is 8 3/4 rears with them. Thanks in advance.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you - got an 8.25 rear. I removed the rubber bumper from the snubber and put it someplace where it wouldn't get lost while the snubber was blasted and painted - of course now I can't find it! Mine was definitely different from the 8.75 snubber so I'd bet yours is too.

I'm sort of in the same boat as you - got an 8.25 rear. I removed the rubber bumper from the snubber and put it someplace where it wouldn't get lost while the snubber was blasted and painted - of course now I can't find it! Mine was definitely different from the 8.75 snubber so I'd bet yours is too.

Wow, wierd..I did the same dam thing.Puzzled to know were and how to get one. Have you had any luck at all?

At one time I saw a listing on ebay for one, but of course, no longer there. Mine is in the garage - someplace - I will find it when I'm looking for something else. I took a look on ebay and one for a Camaro looked similar to what I remember mine looking like. If I find mine, I will post a pic of it.

What about using rubber bumper from a rear suspension???? The height appears to be close just have to work out the mount of it.
Yote

I found one from Silke's in Jacksonville, FL. The Chrysler part number for the 8 1/4 bumper is 3845139. Enter that number at partsvoice.com to find vendors that might have it.

I found one from Silke's in Jacksonville, FL. The Chrysler part number for the 8 1/4 bumper is 3845139. Enter that number at partsvoice.com to find vendors that might have it.

Thanks!

I don't know how much the shape matters, but the OEM pinion bumper is square, at least on the later 8 1/4 axles. The one I bought is part #25 on this diagram.

-
Back