8.25 rear axel and jeep axel

-

V8 Sam

Reaction score
I have a 8.25 sitting in my garage, came off a 68 dart. I never got around to fitting it as I was going to go down the 8.75 route, However these are impossible to find in the UK.

So I've been doing a bit of reading and hopefully I can get a few things cleared up.

I hear the rear discs from a jeep Cherokee will fit direct to the a body 8.25? In place of the drums?

Anyone know how true this is?

Also, if that is possible, does anyone else know what else will swap over?

Last edited:
I've been checking into using a 8.8 from a Ford Explorer
1995-2001 axle looks like to get limited slip needs to come out of a V8 with 3:73 or 4:10 not to common in V6 and 3:55 gears internet has code that's on door jam tag
While your at it find a right hand axle you'll need it
Have someone or whatever cut down the left side axle tube to fit the extra right hand axle in check the spring perches for width and angle
Get a front yoke adapter - bolts onto the Ford flange plate
Redo drive shaft and disc brakes as needed and your off and running -- probably be a few weeks until I start this process

I've been checking into using a 8.8 from a Ford Explorer
1995-2001 axle looks like to get limited slip needs to come out of a V8 with 3:73 or 4:10 not to common in V6 and 3:55 gears internet has code that's on door jam tag
While your at it find a right hand axle you'll need it
Have someone or whatever cut down the left side axle tube to fit the extra right hand axle in check the spring perches for width and angle
Get a front yoke adapter - bolts onto the Ford flange plate
Redo drive shaft and disc brakes as needed and your off and running -- probably be a few weeks until I start this process

I've seen this as well, but I already have an 8.25 in A body length ready to go. My small block will be no more then 350bhp so will handle it..

The 8.8 route is alot more work when I already have this..

Still, it's an option though.

-
Back