8.25 suregrip setup

-
I am going with what randys told me, said stick with 3.90

Max right now, I have the largest tire on the back that the stock suspension will allow, though they are my dads tires/wheels from his roadrunner I will be buying the exact same size tires for my magnum 500's

"max" is not a measurement... im trying to figure your cruise rpm so need the tire height or specs of tire (275/60-15 example)

805 MPar is correct, get you tire size. I changed my 3.23 sure for a 3.55 for a little more performance on the street. My choice at the track is 3.91 all the way..

The factory take outs I have seen on ebay have "Dana trac loc" cast on them. I just think the mopar performance part is probably the same thing. Made by Dana with a MP part number on it. I can't find any 27 spline so I'm not positive, but the 29 spline ones Dana.

The factory take outs I have seen on ebay have "Dana trac loc" cast on them. I just think the mopar performance part is probably the same thing. Made by Dana with a MP part number on it. I can't find any 27 spline so I'm not positive, but the 29 spline ones Dana.

being an 8.25 newbie where can i get the 29 spline axles for my a body rear? and is the jeep discs an easy upgrade?

I have no idea what size tire at the moment. I don't know what size tires are on my car at the moment, I will have to check.

I'm sure you could order custom length 29 spline axles for you rear but it would much less just to keep the 27 spline setup. If you don't have a 8.25 already and want disc brakes, posi, and heavy duty and are looking for a donor then the explorer 8.8 is the way to go.

I'm sure you could order custom length 29 spline axles for you rear but it would much less just to keep the 27 spline setup. If you don't have a 8.25 already and want disc brakes, posi, and heavy duty and are looking for a donor then the explorer 8.8 is the way to go.

nope the 73 already has a 8.25 in it... i just havn't seen a trutrac in a 27 spline, just 29.

you know how long jeep axles in 29 spline are? if they are only about 1-2" per side i can work with that...

They have the 27 spline, the first post of this thread has the mopar performance one from Summit, and I have a few links lower down of the Dana ones (I still think they are the same part.) Used they are less common but I see them out there. The most common are probably in pre 95 Cherokees that somebody ordered with the anti-spin option but not anti lock brakes.

hahah 255/60/15s are on the car right now no need to be so testy....

ok so with a 27" tall tire you get these rpms

3.90= 3239rpm @ 65mph
= 2741rpm @ 55 mph
= 2241rpm @ 45mph

3.73= 3098rpm @ 65mph
= 2672rpm @ 55mph
= 2145rpm @ 45mph

3.55= 2948rpm @ 65mph
= 2495rpm @ 55mph
= 2041rpm @ 45mph

i dont know where you drive or your speeds but 3.73 or 3.55 is what you want...

-
Back