8 3/4 anyone?!

-

Vikingpolarbear

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find an 8 3/4 for under $700?! I've been looking around and can't find one anywhere for under $800! I really need to upgrade my Demon because the 318 I'm putting in it will destroy the stock one.

You could go to a scrap yard and pull one for about 100 bucks, but then you will spend about 800 to get it ready for your car.

I have a c body housing for sale on ebay can ship it for you... 100 buy it now we can work out the shipping..

Anyone know where to find an 8 3/4 for under $700?! I've been looking around and can't find one anywhere for under $800! I really need to upgrade my Demon because the 318 I'm putting in it will destroy the stock one.

I purchased a 8 3/4 rear from a 65 Dodge coronet at my local Pull a part.
It was under 100 dollars.
I then had a machine shop install new bearings and seals, rh studs on drivers side, all for under 200 dollars.
So I had about 300 in it, then it needed new spring mounts moved in 1/2 inch on both sides.
They were inexpensive and a friend of mine who welds, them welded them on for me.

It can be done with a little perseverance and a lot of looking!

Hang in there!

Cudamike13

I thought the salvage yards have crushed everything 70 and older? Not a single junk yard around me has anything older than 79

Look for an 8 1/4. They will take anything a 318 can dish out, and they are cheap.

If you find a bare housing i have a 742 3.23 sure grip carrier center section just pulled ready to bolt in with a 7290 large yoke PM me

I agree with breakstuff , i drag raced with 81/4,s in a Dart , it would pull the wheels 4 inchs , never had a problem .Probably lot easier to find for sure , if not look for a mid sixties 83/4 only 1 inch difference in width i think .

I don't think I've ever sold an A body 8.75 that had an open gear set for more than $500 and that was complete with drums/e-brake cable.

Maybe I need to jack people up when I have them.. $800???

Unless it's got a good gear set and sure grip at $800, keep looking and be patient.

I thought the salvage yards have crushed everything 70 and older? Not a single junk yard around me has anything older than 79

Not at Pull-A-Part or any of the ones in Northern GA I have ever been to. PM me and I can point you to every junkyard I know of in GA

I have one for 500-323 open has axles-small bolt and backing plates 69 cuda

Ferd 8.8, Disk brakes, LSD blah, blah, blah. $200 bones at your local pick-n-pull. Read the top sticky in Transmissions/Drivetrain.

I have a complete ( minus drums ) 8-3/4 rear end for sale for 700 bucks but I'm near C
Chicago. A little expensive to ship out there for you.

Man...I bought my a-body 8-3/4", complete, in person, for $250...489 case, open gears. I guess you just have to look around, or know someone that hoards parts.

-
Back