8 3/4 assembly instructions

-

DFootCuda

Reaction score
I am in the process of assembling my 8 3/4 but honestly don't know the if there is any shim process or set up for gear lash . I am a boat mechanic and boats don't have differentials Haha. Is there a book or website to go for assembly instructions ? I have an empty housing that has been narrowed for my 69 Dart along with axles ( narrowed so I can get some bigger tires in them fender wells ) plus I just purchased a " 489" third member with 3.23 sure grip . None of this has ever been put together plus want to get info on green bearings since I plan on installing disc brakes .

I am in the process of assembling my 8 3/4 but honestly don't know the if there is any shim process or set up for gear lash . I am a boat mechanic and boats don't have differentials Haha. Is there a book or website to go for assembly instructions ? I have an empty housing that has been narrowed for my 69 Dart along with axles ( narrowed so I can get some bigger tires in them fender wells ) plus I just purchased a " 489" third member with 3.23 sure grip . None of this has ever been put together plus want to get info on green bearings since I plan on installing disc brakes .
Google Richmond Gear instructional videos there is good information there and also some youtube videos will pop up. Hope this helps Cheers

You can download factory original service manuals from MyMopar for free...............

any recommendations on green bearings ? I see Willwood sells there own set up if you are using there brakes . Do most brake manufacturers sell there own set ?

The main difference in the green bearings is one style comes with a snap ring around the outside and one doesn't. Different brake manufactures require them with or without when using their set up. Just make sure you follow their recommendations.

-
Back