8 3/4 bbp axles on the cheap?

-

WONTGETDUSTED

CRACKED-OUT MOPAR TECH JUNKY
Reaction score
wheres the cheapest place to get a decent set of bbp 8 3/4 a-body axles?

look up mopartdealer on ebay sellers. I bought my yukon axles with green bearings installed, 10 wheel studs, & all gaskets & seals shipped to my door for under $315. It was the best price I could find for new stuff & the bearings come pressed on. I am really happy with them. He runs auctions for them & has them available on his ebay storefront. You can also buy just a pair of axles for 154 or 157.

I would check with Cass aka Doctor Diff.

http://members.aol.com/doctordiff/

I'll bet he will match or beat anyones price on Yukon axles. Back in April, he quoted me $220 a pair, shipped with studs and green bearings installed.

I'll be spending my money with him when the time comes.

Don't forget to factor in the cost of redrilling drums if you stay with the stock A-body offset or new B/E/C body drums and backing plates if you have the axles made with that offset.

good call dave. alot of people forget those items. easy thing to forget too. i got my axles locally from a guy that buys all the stuff in lots and did me the favor of pressing on the bearings.

ok so what if i dont wont the green bearings? sahould i just get some old axles cut down?

I think if you want to keep the tapered rollers you are forced to have C-body or van axles cut down, or spend the bucks for Moser axles. I asked a couple of dealers if the OEM type bearing could be put on a Yukon axle and was told NO. I asked why not and they couldn't tell me. They insisted that the Green bearings will be fine. I asked if they would put their money where their mouth is and GUARANTEE the Green bearings. They said NO.

-
Back